Fujitsu "T903" panel found ??

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by stoneseeker, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

1600 x 900 is perfect for this size IMO, I actually prefer it over the 1920 x 1080 of the 13" Duo 13. But I can understand the gripe with the res if you prefer more pixels per inch. In Windows 8.1 I would prefer the move to 1920 x 1080, but no higher.

But display quality??

From what I understand the Duo 13 is the cream of the crop right now for tabletPC's, and even compared to that, the T902 wins in some instances. There is no backlight bleed on the T902 like there is in any device I have used up to this point, it's certainly bright enough (though not the brightest, its certainly not dim) and the contrast is best in class. Color is also almost as good as the Duo13, with a slight edge for the SOny, but barely discernible. I've compared in person to the Duo13, the ATIV 700t, and the Surface Pro, and IMO the Duo 13 and the T902 come out waaaaay on top of the other 2.

What about this screen are people faulting????? Did I luck out and get a different, better IPS or something?

My hope is the T903 doesn't drop the outstanding quality in screen, but does drop the strange firmware issues the current digitizer has.

2. steven

steven Pen Pal - Newbie

To tell the truth i only had the T902 in my hands for about half an hour at a local illustrators get-together. But i had gotten my hands on printed color proofs and the corresponding digital files beforehand to quickly do a by-eye-only comparison and there was (to my eyes at least) a definite color shift towards the blues. Also from all the swatches the color proof had on it, it looked like a good third could not be replicated on the t902.
    However, since i did not calibrate the device, did not control the ambient lighting of the location, did not indulge in color profiling the device myself - my impressions have of course to be taken with a hefty load of salt.
    Your impressions are very likely to be much more valuable than mine, but mine are what i base my sentences on ;)

Again, i'm looking into a tablet pc/convertible as an as-good-as-possible desktop replacement. I'm working on a cintiq 21Ux and while many say that screen is sufficient already for 90% of one's work, i find that i have to double check everything on the secondary monitor because the Cintiq washes out a lot! If the R7 covers ~83% Adobe RGB thats already an improvement to my 21UX - even though there's probably a tradeoff somewhere. I don't know out of my head how much the T902 covers, but if i remember the reviews i read correctly it was even less than my first generation Cintiq21UX.
    I know current and coming laptop displays most likely aren't going to cover adobe rgb completely, but i'd really like a device with better color display qualities than my 7-8 year old 21ux. I want to purchase a professional tool, not a gadget. Thats why i hope the T903 will improve on screen quality as well.

edit:
    Might i ask why? Isn't 8.1 supposed to fix high res usability? Of course software author supported scalable UI would probably be much better than win forced upscaling, but we all know how "concerned" Adobe is to listen to its cumstomer complains.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Exactly, Windows 8.1 would make the experience of 1920 x 1080 better on a 13" screen. I say no higher because its not necessary. Seems like a pointless pixel rush to me. All I was saying is in Windows 7 and 8.0 I prefer 1600 x 900 over 1920 x 1080 for scaling issues. 8.1 solves them to an extent, but I don't see any point in going above 1920 x 1080 on such a small screen.

4. Allarih

Allarih Scribbler - Standard Member

Could you please say - is it for modern UI only or for desktop too? And how did they improve desktop, if that is the case?