Fujitsu "T903" panel found ??

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by stoneseeker, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

If I don't hear anything about the T903 till new year, I think I'll go for the new Acer R7...

2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

R7 could be interesting, though if your gonna go ntrig route why not buy the higher quality 15" Sony flip? Should have a dedicated GPU option too.

3. Zero

Zero Scribbler - Standard Member

Exactly.

Sony tends to build higher quality products than Acer.

stoneseeker likes this.
  4. Topokun

Topokun Pen Pal - Newbie

If Fujitsu does not show anything by the time the high quality 15" is available I may be pulling the N-trigger for sure... :cool:

5. stoneseeker

Between Fuji and Sony you'll most likely be making the choice of CPU power vs. GPU power, and Wacom vs. Ntrig. It's nice to have options.

6. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

But the Sony will only have a 735M while the R7 has a 750M. And I love the design of the R7. But I'm out, I thought the R7 has a thunderbolt-port (Acer Converter Port) but it's just another proprietary thing that can only handle a VGA, USB or ethernet adapter so it's not possible to plug a docking-station there...
    And thats also the downside of the Sony Vaio Fit Flip, no port-replicatior/docking-station option. So I have to wait for the t903...

Everything I heard about the Acer R7 about built-quality were exellent and very impressed opinions.

7. stoneseeker

Acer has certainly been improving of late. They have such a stain from previous generations, but they have come a long way as far as quality is concerned. I'm sure it would be fine. I just like Sony aesthetics and customer service more. (Not that I have experienced Acer customer service)

8. steven

steven Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for mentioning the Acer R7 in this thread, i didn't know that device existed. The ifa announced i7, gt750m, up to 12gb ram version with the large 15.6" and ~83% AdobeRGB-screen makes it sound really interesting to me. Unfortunate that i will have to order one just to get it into my own hands since there's no store with one on display around. I fear that the hinge and slight lift off of the screen in tablet mode might be a problem, i prefer to sketch in portrait mode (or used to, until my ep121 died on me two months ago). The ep121 always felt too small to do anything more than doodling, so the R7 sounds like the thing i've been looking for. The Sony Vaio Multi Flip might be a goot fit as well, but there's too little info out for it to judge it.
    I'd love to have a hands on comparison of the T902(903 if/when if it comes out) & the R7, but thats unlikely to ever happen.

edit: Gnarf. How did i not see this last night. N-Trig! crap.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  9. stoneseeker

Yeah, Ntrig. Man, if R7 had the first ever 15" Wacom tabletPC digitizer, these boards would be flooded with posts about it!

10. steven

steven Pen Pal - Newbie

You're right.
    Even though i already switched to Manga Studio for all my drawing stuff, i still use Photoshop for coloring, color tweaking, painting & such. I could probably do half of my workload on a N-Trig-Device if MS 5Ex would work, but that's not going to cut it.
    So i'll (have to) wait, see how things develop with N-Trig-Support, the R7, Vaio Flip 15 and the hopefully being developed T903. Though the T903 would only be considerable if they significantly improved on screen resolution & display quality.