Fujitsu "T903" panel found ??

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by stoneseeker, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

What would you want to see though? It's got a higher res screen, it's still 13.3", it's a convertible, it's a full M cpu, has a silo, switchable bay, etc. Heck, they even finally made it as thin as the old Lenovo/ HP convertibles.

For me, I admit that I wish this device had a detachable screen. I know, I know, for those who have the t902 they are in love with the full M chip, but I'd give it up to get a detachable 13.3" screen that came with a base that had a silo and a switchable bay. Now, if I could get that with a full M cpu, then that would be great. :) But once you aim for a cpu in the slate, things seem to change.

I just think that current detachable manufacturers are misunderstanding the function of the base, which to me should a base-- provide a silo, other benefits, etc. besides just the keyboard, IMO. The t902 does all this currently, but it's thicker and heavier than I want for those times when a slate would be most functional.

2. Topokun

Topokun Pen Pal - Newbie

:eek:

I was too fast typing, I meant the T903... :D

I have to remember not to post before my first cup of joe :p-

And yes it would be nice to see something before Christmas...

3. ForzaqC

ForzaqC Pen Pal - Newbie

I would love a detachable 13" form factor as well, but my day to day work demands a full voltage m processor. The T902 and its successor are really the only Wacom enabled machines that fit my needs, so I will be getting the new one if it presents a noticeable advantage. I will be buying my first tablet pc in the near future, so I suppose my situation is slightly different than those deciding whether to upgrade.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

4. jbomb

jbomb Scribbler - Standard Member

maybe something sexier. slimmer and easy to carry around. I'm mixed about the modular bay. I do like having it, but then again, it makes it more bulky. If it's not going to do the Samsung ATIV q thing and replace my computer and tablet, then let's make the screen 15".

5. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Since we are in mental masturbation mode, let me join in. *pants off*

My ideal set up would be two Tablet PCs:

T903 - Convertible form factor (5 lbs), Wacom Penabled/Feel IT digitizer, hardware pro cap touch disable switch, 1920x1200 15" IPS LCD, full voltage Haswell, modular bay for 2nd battery, 2 SoDIMM slots, 2.5" 9mm height hard drive bay.

Samsung ATIV Tab 4 - Slate form factor (1.4 lbs), Wacom Penabled/Feel IT digitizer, hardware pro cap touch disable switch, 1440x900 10.1" IPS LCD, Baytrail Atom, large capacity Polymer battery, 4GB RAM, 128 GB eMMC.

6. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

THIS. I would only add: a docking station with dedicated GPU -or- just a energy and space efficient dedicated GPU in the base. Something that could handle some decent 3D work in Maya while on the go.

I'm still teary eyed from laughing at the *pants off* comment... funny cause it's so true! Sad really.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  7. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I'm never sad when my pants are off! :D

8. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah totally would love a dedicated GPU in the dockingstation. Preferably a solution with a thunderbolt 2 port :) But unfortunatly Intel dropped any support for this which I can't understand... I'm watching the market already a bit longer for solutions like this but every anounced product never got it to the market and the only solutions are some DIYs. The only notebook ever came out for sale was the Sony Vaio Z in 2011.

I really need a replacement for my HP tx2500 / tx2... I would already have a T902 but I hope it's worth waiting for a T903.

My dream specs would be like T902 plus:
    - of course the new generation improvements like Haswell, etc
    - higher res 16:10 screen
    - Tunderbolt 2 port
    - Tunderbolt 2 dockingstation with dedicated GPU

Or instead dGPU remove the modular bay for a decent internal GPU.

9. tijo

tijo Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you're going to make a dock, why go the TB2 route if you can make a custom docking port with a full PCI-E x16 connector? It would likely be expensive, but you wouldn't be starving for bandwidth, not that TB2.0 has low bandwidth, but it's nowhere near what PCI-E 2.0/3.0 x16 can offer.

Keep the modular bay, but redesign it so that you can have a dGPU module, kind of like what Lenovo did with some of their Y series notebooks.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  10. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes it may be faster but I like the idea to have an universal dock that can be used on any device with a thunderbolt port, even from different companys. Also it's proven that the performance between PCI-e x16 and x8 is only below 2% and even between x16 and x4 only about 5%.
    (source: Test: Grafikkarten mit PCIe (Seite 4) - ComputerBase)

Nice didn't know that, also an option. Just I think the cooling could be done better the other way.