Fujitsu t901 touchscreen not working - HELP

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by dennisspeaks, Jun 30, 2017.

1. dennisspeaks

dennisspeaks Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought a Fujitsu t901 i5 laptop and in the system settings it says it has 40 point touch screen but i have never gotten the touchscreen to work. It came with windows 10. Any ideas on how to get it working, possibly missing drivers?

Thanks,

Dennis

2. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

I think something is wrong with your system settings. The T901 touchscreen only has two points of touch, and there were models that were pen only, no touch.

You can try reinstalling Windows to see if that fixes the issue, but most likely you just ended up with a model that doesn't have touch. Maybe the previous owner hooked it up to an external monitor with a touchscreen and that's why your system setting has that weird claim.

Honestly, though, you're not missing much. The touchscreen is not fantastic, and other than scrolling is generally more frustrating to use versus using the pen.

3. dennisspeaks

dennisspeaks Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your input, I had planned on upping the ram to 16gb and having the cpu changed to i7 later. I bought this because I liked the modular design with dvd, extra battery or extra hard drive and I need all them. Are you aware of any newer Fujitsu's or other laptops that is this modular design? Because I will be editing video I need i7 and as much ram as a system can handle. :)

Attached Files:

4. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

I think the T734 is the last generation Fujitsu Lifebook that has a socketed cpu, but I think the RAM may top out at 12gb. @Starlight5 would know. It should still have a modular bay, as far as I know.

And something is definitely funky with your system settings, because the touchscreen on the T901 is old. I don't think even new tablet pcs have more than 10-ish touch points. 40 is just wild.

Starlight5 likes this.
  5. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

@Selofain is right. T734 is indeed the last Fujitsu you can stick quad-core in (4702MQ came from the factory, 4712MQ tested-working); it is limited to 12GB RAM, has modular bay for additional SSD/HDD/battery/optical drive (and an m.2 slot for WWAN, usually). I personally liked it better than T901, especially the keyboard and touchscreen behavior; T901 feels a bit more solid, though.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  6. alissa914

alissa914 Pen Pal - Newbie

40 points.... for when you and 3 of your friends want to touch a 13" screen....

I didn't have touch working until I installed Wacom drivers. I got mine when I got the laptop on eBay.

Here's a OneDrive link to the file (link expires in 30 days (1/5/2018)) https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhRft1o7pjpSyfFWUzUVVH7rVki2fg

Starlight5 likes this.