Fujitsu T900 or Lenovo X201

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ilya11naza, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilya11naza

ilya11naza Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone here had a chance to compare Fujitsu T900 with Lenovo X201? I am particularly interested in which screen is better, including the regular and the super bright versions.

I used X201 with outdoor display for about a week and found the colors to be lacking in saturation. I am doing primarily color work and therefore the two most important things to me are: 1) color vibrancy and 2) visibility in the outdoors, in that order.

Due to my corporate discount, the Lenovo option is nearly $600 cheaper for me, so if there is a difference in Fujitsu's favor, well... how big of a difference is it?

Thanks!

2. adretzios

adretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

The T900 is a larger computer than the X201 with a larger screen. First, you would need to define if you need the larger screen or not. If you are going to use this convertible in the laptop mode most of the time, I would strongly advocate going with the T900. If not, by the Lenovo.

You can fix color vibrancy easily in the Lenovo. There are settings which you can manipulate the gamma and many other elements of the screen. The Lenovo screens are not well known for visibility outdoors. The Fujitsu should be better in this regard. If you would feel better with a smaller, lighter machine, you can also consider the T7xx!!

3. ilya11naza

ilya11naza Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the reply, adretzios.

Larger screen would be better for me, but since the resolution is the same, its only a minor plus. I've tried fixing the color on X201 and couldn't do it. I used Spyder 3 PRO to calibrate the screen and got very minor improvement. Consequently, I uninstalled Spyder's software and tried adjusting gamma in the video card driver settings, which compressed the color rage towards the most saturated colors, without increasing the maximum saturation values. Perhaps I was missing something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.