Fujitsu T734 Discussion?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by 2disbetter, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burgundy

Burgundy Scribbler - Standard Member

Hello there t734 and perhaps t725 owners.

Since I have found one seemingly for quite cheap, less than half the normal price, I was wondering how the resolution of just 1366x768 is affecting you, or if not at all?
    And whether windows 10 works properly on it, wacom (stylus digitizer) drivers in particularly?

I'm quite tempted to buy the one I found, and perhaps tinker with it a bit further, just wanted to know if it's still worth it, since EMR dual board digitizer laptops are seeming becoming more exotic/rare.

2. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

@Burgundy I would prefer 4K, or at least 1080p. In Linux you can upscale to 1920x1080 and this display handles it pretty well, sadly not an option in Windows. Windows 10 works properly. I use Wacom drivers provided by Windows, they are great and stable, however Wacom menu or how is that circular thingy called obviously isn't available with them. While you get a lot of stuff you won't even see in other modern convertibles, and for a decent price - low display display resolution is a major letdown. Only you can decide whether it's tolerable or not.

Burgundy likes this.
  3. Burgundy

Thanks for the information, and your opinion. I could see the reason why the resolution would be the biggest con for the device, and just hope it won't be a big problem.

I decided to get the one I found, it was brand new, it's price was the same as laptops with similar specs, without the wacom stylus digitizer boards inside, which were the big, "oh snap gotta act/decide fast!". The big selling point for me was the EMR digitizer board, and hope the draw feel is good enough, while away from desktop.

I'm going to attempt to make a dual boot hackintosh out of it, although the stylus/touch function wouldn't function while in mac os but will serve as a hopefully good workstation for full fledged programs, when needed on the go.

Starlight5 likes this.
  4. Starlight5

@Burgundy let us know you like it. For your hackintosh needs, you obviously need to replace the wi-fi adapter with Broadcom. Keep your expectations reasonable about Broadcom's Bluetooth - it may not work on T734 like Realtek RTL8821AE's doesn't, only one way to find out.

5. Burgundy

Ah yes have already been looking at which broadcom and atheros wifi cards work with hackintosh ect. have also been considering a wifi+bt nano/mini usb stick, since I can get them for cheaper than the wificard.

6. Starlight5

@Burgundy FWIW all T734 came with 7260 N from the factory, so upgrading to something 802.11ac is highly recommended. I'm personally eyeing AW-CB160H which seems to be the best mini pcie card on the market currently, being 3x3 - but requires antennae adapters and third antenna to install, so I am sticking with 7260AC for now. Would be much easier if we could use pcie to m.2 adapters, but I believe there ain't enough clearing.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  7. Burgundy

Well mine was the T725, so should have improved wifi/bt card slot bt4 and better wifispeeds, apart from the fact it's not under the supported list for hackintosh. the model itself was a i5 5200u, 8gb ram, 128ssd version. came with win10 64bit pro installed, and for some reason the wacom feel driver works, was installed as well, so was able to retain the radial menu, which I assume was the one you referred to being the missing part, if unable to get the wacom feel driver to work?

Calibration went pretty well, nice precision calibration of corners, really good for EMR devices, since it's always the corners there being a hassle.

The screen's resolution is noticeable up close but otherwise I can live with it, the IPS panel itself is decent enough too. Now I just need to get an expansion slot adaptor for ssd/hdd so I can get hackintosh on it too.

I am very satisfied with the drawing on this laptop, a lot better than the other EMR "laptop" device I had prior, surface pro 1(lol). But the surface pro 1 pen obviously works on the the t725, so now I have 2 replacement pens, in case I lose this one, although the fujitsu pen is already feels better than the surface pro and the wacom feel pen, and not just because of one more button.

Seems odd going a bit back in the stylus tech but it works like a charm.

8. Starlight5

@Burgundy first of all, congratulations!

Could you please tell which Wacom driver version are you using? Does palm rejection work properly?

If you have a weight-saver, you can make your own second HDD adapter; if your T725 came with DVD, even better, just reuse its bezels. Here's the caddy I suggest. Don't go for slightly cheaper plastic-only caddies, while weighting less they will wobble too much destroying system's structural integrity.

Also, please make some photos if you ever decide to take it apart - noone ever did, yet.

Burgundy likes this.
  9. Burgundy

The wacom feel driver is 7.3.1-6 so old version. only slight bug is inability to turn off hold to right click it seems, but doesn't activate or annoy even close to as much as how fast it activated on desktop before removal of it through key.reg edits.

Yeah I do indeed have that weight saver. Oh boy thanks a lot, yeah saves a lot on buying that caddy and reworking the weight-saver, thanks a bunch, ordered one right away.

And I will, when I start upgrading it, think I'll upgrade the ram with the SSD, after Black Friday deals that is, hehe.

Starlight5 likes this.
  10. Starlight5

@Burgundy T725 tops at 12GB RAM same as T734 - the CPU doesn't handle more than 16GB, so the 16GB module sadly won't work due to 4GB already soldered.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.