Fujitsu T734 Discussion?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by 2disbetter, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

My T734 is now overheating and throttling heavily in games - the repaste is imminent. Could those of you who completely disassembled the beast please kindly provide some useful details and insight?

2. utopian201

utopian201 Scribbler - Standard Member

Could it be that the heatsink fins are clogged with dust? I don't think repasting a cpu is considered standard maintenance...

3. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

I'm pretty sure it is, at least over on the NBR forums it is. A once-a-year thing, but then again, they have laptops that are meant to be disassembled. More than tablet pcs, anyway.

If you mean by manufacturers, then no, but power users do consider it standard. Factory paste jobs are terrible, as a rule.

But yes, @Starlight5, definitely check your heatsink and fan for dust first. Make sure you have quality precision screwdrivers, go slow, take pictures, and you should be fine. Fujitsu tablet pcs are pretty similar in build, so any of the disassembly manuals are decent guides. I spent a lot of time cursing out my screws; you probably will too.

Starlight5 likes this.
  4. Lopezy

Lopezy Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't gone as far with disassembly as I only really put in antennas into my LCD housing.....I didnt take pics but I can disassemble again and take pics if you really need it plus its really similar to the T902 somewhat...But I'll my money on them Heatsinks...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  5. Starlight5

@Lopezy was there some place to add a 60ghz antenna in the LCD housing? So that it has 5 antennae total and becomes 802.11ad-capable.

6. Lopezy

Lopezy Pen Pal - Newbie

it would depend on the size of the 60Ghz antenna.....provided it is Flat and thin enough and can be held in place with foil tape........ This pic is inch for inch wat was in mine (except that my WWAN AUX has a light brown colored antenna)... everything locks into place except the WWAN MAIN antenna (same one as was in the T730 )

Attached Files:

Starlight5 likes this.
  7. Lopezy

Lopezy Pen Pal - Newbie

here are the rest on the internals......

Attached Files:

Starlight5 likes this.
  8. Lopezy

Lopezy Pen Pal - Newbie

I made a video detailing replacing or installing WWAN antenna's finally....Will need to edit them sometime.....maybe get a dropbox account....Now....The antennas in the T730 (Main antenna - black plastic - rectangular shaped) didnt fit into the slot in the R-Top of the T734 lcd as expected....It was both too wide, long, thick...I have a tiny space on my laptop ..hard to see but its there....However, I think you can get away with any of the Numerous thinner types on eBay (MHF4 )....and aluminum foil tape....

kvoram and Starlight5 like this.
  9. Starlight5

@Lopezy would be great if you make some separate images. I actually have all the photos for making T734 service manual - except display assembly, which I didn't touch, so how about we combine our efforts and finally make it?

10. Lopezy

Lopezy Pen Pal - Newbie

Way to go..... I'll have to convert the video to frame by frame..and get the pics off of it...ad anotate them.....should have that done by this weekend....

Starlight5 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.