Fujitsu T734 Discussion?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by 2disbetter, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utopian201

utopian201 Scribbler - Standard Member

The official T734 hard drive dock only accepts 7mm drives. I had to cut out a rectangle so a 9.5mm could fit. A very expensive accessory, so I'm glad the cheap ones off ebay work just as well.

Starlight5 likes this.
  2. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

@Starlight5, I agree with you about the touchscreen. It's pretty weak, but it was made in the days before current type of touch screens really took off, so I put up with it. It's also got a splendidly matte screen, which I love.

And I love the size of my T901. :D I can't imagine going smaller for my main machine.

Starlight5 likes this.
  3. Lopezy

Lopezy Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried a AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB 802.11ac card too and can confirm that BT is totally absent.... I don't think its a whitelist issue...But not sure yet... WIFI works.... but BT is through USB on the slot. Will experiment with the #20 & #51 pins workaround....fingers crossed....

Starlight5 likes this.
  4. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

@Lopezy FWIW my current 7260AC is working perfectly.

5. Lopezy

Lopezy Pen Pal - Newbie

Can you please let me know the hardware IDs for your fujitsu EM8805 .... I believe it should be
    USB\VID_1199&PID_9041&REV_0006&MI_0C
    USB\VID_1199&PID_9041&MI_0C

Also can anyone who has the EM7355 WWAN confirm the hardware Id..... I believe it is
    USB\VID_1199&PID_9011&REV_0002
    USB\VID_1199&PID_9011

I am trying to remove all locks, blocks, whitelists, and enable BIOS menus ..... .. as opposed to going the other route and having remapped keyboard keys......

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  6. Lopezy

Lopezy Pen Pal - Newbie

For the small subset of Fujitsu T734 owners who need to be OS agile;
    The biggest drawback to a triple-boot (windows/osx/linux) on this machine was the WWAN/WIFI/BT factor.

WWAN- Not fixed yet will let you all know when I am able to unlock it for all and any WWAN modules

WIFI/BT: AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB/BCM94352 WLAN + BT4.0 Half Mini PCI-E Card : Wifi works on insert, However BT needs tape on PIN #51 to work....... and it works even when the machine goes into any power save mode....(unlike the WWAN which the BIOS has to initiate every time)

NB: my bios is a slightly modified one. So if for any reason wifi is not recognized then you try #20 and if not try pin #21

BIOS: any bios references now and going forward are with respect to non-Vpro version 1.10

Bcm94352 BT fix II.jpg

7. Starlight5

@Lopezy yes hardware ID matches. Is the card even recognized in DIFS software? You actually get single key on display lid (the "B" key) remapped, it's not nearly as bad as it sounds, just ignore it - or get a keyboard for WWAN model, which will most likely solve the problem.

8. Lopezy

Lopezy Pen Pal - Newbie

- I might go ahead and give the DIFS a shot at the end of the day.... I cant seem to find a Fujitsu Branded WWAN in my price range yet.

- However I'm not sure what the re-mapped key will do to my other OS'es - I'm assuming all will be well - But then it defeats the purpose of triple booting and using the multiple programs I do on a daily basis....

I'll bite the bullet one way or the other.....let me give it some thought..... Just got the T734 original antennas in......

9. Lopezy

Lopezy Pen Pal - Newbie

@Starlight5

- Would I just be better off getting any Fujitsu Branded WWAN module? SInce its Fujitsu Branded will it work?

10. Starlight5

@Lopezy on my T734 Fujitsu-branded WWAN module wasn't detected anywhere but DIFS until I unlocked it with DMI tool. Again, just load DIFS diagnostics, without touching DMI tool, to check if your module is even recognized by machine - maybe it's just faulty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.