Fujitsu T5010 morphs into T900/TH900 with Core i7

Discussion in 'Press Releases and Announcements' started by Shogmaster, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virkelie

virkelie Pen Pal - Newbie

The T900 can now be ordered from the Fujitsu Canada website; from their homepage , choose "Notebook PCs & Tablet PCs", then click the "For Business" section. Scroll down the page to find the T900:

http://store.shopfujitsu.com/ca/EcomCA/buildseriesbean.do?series=T900

2. duncanish

duncanish Pen Pal - Newbie

Although, I just ordered the t900 from laptopauthority.com; I am still interested in what people think will follow the t900. It seems that the form factor has been around since August of 2008 in the t5010. That seems like a really long time in terms of computer body style.

I'd like to see a few things change in the form factor. It needs a larger trackpad to reduce repetitive stress injury and a more updated look so that their technology is fresh looking. HP seems to be following Apple's cues and have produced a very stylish product. what does everybody else think?

3. Concentrate

Concentrate Scribbler - Standard Member

I've actually decided not to go with the T900 due to fujitsu's degrading reputation. I own a T2010 and am absolutely disappointed with it. I now have my eyes on the HP 2740p.

4. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Should be a nice machine if the tm2 is any indication.

5. R.C.Anderson

R.C.Anderson Pen Pal - Newbie

Well the T900 is a business oriented machine, which I think means they are going to focus on what it does, rather than it's looks, which is unfortunate, as the looks/size are the only thing that I don't like about it, if only they could make it a bit slimmer and nicer looking. But I'm still going to get one when it's released in the UK

6. jcddvm

jcddvm Scribbler - Standard Member

What are you talking about?

7. duncanish

duncanish Pen Pal - Newbie

Seriously,
    I have a 5 year old TC4200. Besides the silver exterior and updated internals. The HP 2740P is the exact same computer.(alright maybe a little hyperbolic but...) I bought the accidental damage warranty for three years and needed to send it off twice, not for any accidents though. It was great but it just wasn't a good complete soution without the CD/DVDR drive etc. The experience I have with the tc4200, tc440, and 2730p is that they are all good evolutionary steps but just not exciting. I am most excited about the 13.3" screen and the i7 on the T900. I plan to use it for music (ableton) for live performances and for carrying around the clinic to see pts. I think that to have good touch fidelity with a non touch optimized OS you need a bigger display. 13.3" is the best there is in that regard.

8. Concentrate

Concentrate Scribbler - Standard Member

True, but it's so thick that it's almost not worth it. All computers are similar, so none are truly exciting. I mean the T900 is basically a T5010 with the new processor lines and that's it. Same with the Lenovo X201t.

I personally don't need a dvd drive so I'm fine with that. I just need something with an exceptional battery life.

My T2010 has barely reached its third year, but it broke a few months ago. The keyboard was so bad to type on that I always had to bring a bluetooth keyboard (not much point in buying a convertible). Then fan spins like crazy even on battery mode now and the middle button never worked. Now the laptop shutsdown whenever it feels like it.

Like I said before, Fujitsu's quality is going down. My T2010 is newer than your TC4200. I'm not the only one to feel this way since I've read many people getting windows xp even though they've purchased windows vista/7. Though this may be a minor nuissance to some, to others, it means you can't start working on the machine anytime soon. Still others who are less experienced in computers will not know how to handle the situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.