Fujitsu T4210 Will Probably NEVER have an SXGA+ Display

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by TabletMaster, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TabletMaster

TabletMaster Pen Pal - Newbie

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

While perusing the manual of the T4210 (if you try to access it from Fujitsu's website, it gives an error; you must change the URL slightly to access it. I will give the proper URL in a minute), I came across an interesting tidbit of information. It seems to jibe with a post I read a few days ago that I didn't believe at the time, but of which now I have solid proof. If you visit the manual at:

http://www.fujitsupc.com/www/content/pdf/SupportGuides/T4210_UG_B5FJ-0021-01EN-00.pdf

and scroll to the bottom of page 85 (not as labeled on the written pages, but as labeled by the PDF; it is page 77 as labeled on the page itself), you will see the following statement:

* 12.1" TFT SXGA+ display is project-based, and is
    available only by special arrangement.

(The asterisk points to the specifications for the SXGA+ display further up on the same page.)

This is solid evidence pointing to the fact that an SXGA+ display will not be available in the near future and, since this is most likely the manual shipping with the T4210, is probably a permanent statement, meaning that the SXGA+ display will NEVER be available for the T4200 series. Sorry guys; I know your hopes were all up, but there it is. It's not going to happen.

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The problem here is that Fujitsu and Fujitsu Siemens, although sharing a similar name are indeed two independant and different companies.

Fujitsu for the US market are selling the Fujitsu T4210 and are the ones that have been reporting the screen would have an SXGA+ display... at some stage.

Meanwhile Fujitsu Siemens for the European market who also sell the T4210 but using their own name have reported in no way or form will this tablet be issued with anything other than an XGA display.
    Not now or in the undisclossed future.......

This is where all the misunderstandings are coming.

...and if anyone is thinking why in Europe not log on to Fujitsu of your own country and obtain a Fujitsu T4210, you can't.
    Example: requesting the T4210 on the UK Fujitsu web site simply takes you direct to Fujitsu Siemens as in here.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

all i know is that the 4210's direct competition, the m400, has a SXGA+ option.

4. P8RSON

I know the XGA screen on the T4210 has been discussed at length in quite a few threads lately.

However, look at the problem logically....
    Can you really believe Fujitsu (Fujitsu Siemens in Europe) would really release a tablet with a screen that is as bad as being thought of.

I can not see any manufacturer using a screen where it would be of such a high level of negative use.

Some users of the M400 have reported that the higher screen resolution is way too small for accurate usage.

In other words, your going to get concerns for both the XGA and the SXGA+ screens.

Yes, I would have liked to have seen it as an option but it's certainly not going to stop me purchasing one.
    I will purchase mine based on the past performance levels of my dealings with FSC and on the detail of excellence and reliability in their hardware. :)

5. PYROTAK

i don't doubt fujitsu's ability to produce a good laptop.

low pixel density is just a gripe of mine. which is one of the main reasons I have ONLY owned dell laptops since they always offer UXGA resolution on their 15 inch screens. no other manufacturer until recently EVER did that, they were always like omg SXGA+ is already sooo small. obviously they never heard of large fonts. its just a gripe of mine if i can see the lcd pixel grid.

6. oneloton

oneloton Pen Pal - Newbie

I think you got it wrong tabletmaster. I called Fujitsu and they will work something out if you are persistent. They know about it in the sales dept. and are unable to comply currently, but Fujitsu does have the ability to make these SXGA+ screens for the t4210. Now it's just a matter of persistent individuals like myself that won't settle for anything less. People are going to be asking for htis soooooo much that Fujitsu would be stupid not to make it a standard option.

7. oneloton

oneloton Pen Pal - Newbie

Another thought, just to anyone generally, people are misinformed about what it means to have higher resolution. It just means the pixels are smaller and you have to adjust the standard settings to get the icons and words, etc..., to a setting that is comfortable to you. All higher resolution means is more pixels of a smaller pixel size for the same area and is not necessarily a software issue (except with video games). For everyone looking at this message with a 1020 X 768 screen right now, do you notice how angular these letters are? That's because your pixel size is large and there are less of them. Want to fix that? You need a higher resolution.

8. PYROTAK

So you think I should call them?

I don't know anyone who would want a low resolution im so spoiled by my high res screen. I refuse to buy desktop LCDs that are low res. Seeing the pixel grid is just completely unacceptable!

9. P8RSON

The XGA screen is not as bad as what is being painted on canvas.....
    Yes, it is a lower resolution but it's certainly not as bad to warrent serious visual issues; otherwise why would Fujitsu release such a screen!
    They have a reputation to consider and in the business world where tablets are used primarily a good tablet speaks volumes.

Sorry PYROTAK but this screen issue is not going to go away overnight.
    Unfortunately you are going to be having this screen issue right up until you either purchase a T4210 or decide to opt for a different make and model.

By all means call and state your disaproval but I doubt very much if you will achieve your requirements my friend.

I'm more than happy with the brand name on it's own.
    Mine is on order from a UK stockist and I'm looking forward to being one of the first over here to own this tablet.

10. PYROTAK

well you are talking to the person who had dedicated graphics on his laptop since it came out with a high res screen! my first laptop had a 1600x1200 UXGA screen with 32mb geforcego (the very first laptop GPU!) heheheheh i take such things for granted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.