Fujitsu T4020 user opinions

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by vincent, Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pharkki

pharkki Pen Pal - Newbie

Bought the T4020 laptop one month ago, mainly due to its impressive set of features. Another reason was Fujitsu's good reputation for quality. Maybe I was naive, but I thought that it makes sense to pay some extra for good quality and supposedly excellent service. However, this turned to be not true at least in my case...

Although I briefly tried out the laptop at the shop, there turned out to be an immediate problem, which became evident after 2 hours usage the first night. The pointer on the screen started to move wildly, click all by itself in the corners and it was not possible to control it. After checking for viruses etc. and trying myself to understand the problem, I took it to Fujitsu's service center. They checked it out and called me in two days to pick it up. Impressive, I thought. Unfortunately, the problem was still there. All they had done was to update the mouse driver and test it a few minutes and then gave it back. So the next day I took it back again and this time they kept it for 2 weeks. After that, they called me to say that they cannot find anything wrong. As I knew that the problem was not my doing but was in the laptop originally, I insisted that they should do at least something, and thus they reinstalled all the software and gave it back to me. According to the service, it had been thoroughly tested for 3 days and was ok. So I started working on it again, and yes, the problem was back after 1 hour. This time I made a nice movie of the problem, and took the laptop to the service the next day, played the movie and all. The service worked 30 mins with the laptop and informed me that they had found the problem and I could take it home with me. So back home I went again and - bloody hell - after 1.5 hour usage the problem was back. And that's where we are now. So tomorrow, I will take the laptop back to the service center again in what looks horrifyingly like an eternal loop... Let's see if there is an out somewhere. Will keep you posted. So while the laptop is probably pretty good if it works properly, I cannot say that I'm so far very impressive with it or the Fujitsu service. It has now taken 1 month since I bought it and I have not yet been able even to install any programs on the laptop, and the Fujitsu service does not appear to have a clue what is going on (in fact, they have even told me so many times).

In case the service center can finally fix the laptop so that I can start using it, I will post a more comprehensive review...

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

pharrki, I am frankly very surprised at what you are dealing with. Can you tell us where you are located and if you bought this directly from Fujitsu? We'll see if we can't help you out or steer you in the right direction to get this problem solved satisfactorily.

3. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'd take it back to where you bought it and ask for a replacement.

4. dang2000

dang2000 Pen Pal - Newbie

It might be hard to return it if already.you have kept it for month

5. pharkki

pharkki Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry, haven't been online for a while since I had to get married in the meantime (!).

Anyway, an update for the story is that after I took the laptop to the Fujitsu Service the fourth time, they kept the laptop there for a week, replaced the internal mouse and then handed it back. They said that they are not 100% sure that the thing works now as it should, but that they had tested it and saw no problem anymore. As my wedding took some organising, I only had time to start working with the machine today. And I think you guessed it already, the problem is still there, in fact it started immediately when I started up the machine. So tomorrow, I will take it to Fujitsu Service the 5th time.

Actually, I'm living in Bangkok, Thailand (not in US) and I bought the machine here from a local Fujitsu shop. I'm sure there are differences between the service in various countries, but in any case the local Fujitsu guys here have told me that they have contacted Fujitsu Japan about the problem but have received no reply (which actually does not sound very good either...).

So, let's see what happens next. Will keep you updated.

6. FCS_Support

FCS_Support Pen Pal - Newbie

Pharkki,

We apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your LifeBook. We hope to be able to assist you in resolving your issue.

Please contact out Level II Support Center using the information below.

Fujitsu Computer Systems
    1-888-241-4060 Option 2
    Business Hours are M - F 7am to 7PM

Or you can email us @ ServiceHelp@us.fujitsu.com

When calling please have the serial number of your computer available.

Regards,

JB
    Fujitsu Computer Systems

7. moyaya02

moyaya02 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am also having the same problem with my Fujitsu 2040B... mouse clicks randomly...this makes my life hard typing a long letter. Any body found a solution to this. I am gonna call Fujitsu on this number above as well.
    I have the machine for two month now... and i bought a 3 year extended warranty.

THanks in Advance.

8. chasdave

chasdave Pen Pal - Newbie

Me too! T4020 purchased at Fry's Burbank, CA in May '06, randomly self-clicking mouse. As an example, I've learned that I have be careful where I "park" my pointer when composing an email for fear it will be sent before intended.

Pharkki (congrats on your wedding, by the way) did you ever receive a satisfactory resolution?

While on the subject, I will add that I am otherwise happy with this tablet PC with two caveats:

1) it does seem to get excessively hot.
    2) unless I put the system into stand-by from the start menu before I close the monitor, it does not "wake" correctly. Seems like maybe the HD wakes, but the monitor doesn't? A subject for another post or a more thorough search, but as long as I'm posting my thoughts on this machine, hope nobody minds if I include all of them...

9. vincent

vincent Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,

We have about 40 Fujitsu T4020 tablet pc's. So far one is having this exact same problem. The mouse pointer turns into a black circle and goes off to the sides or the corner of the screen. Was there ever a solution to this problem? Let me know, if not i'll be calling Fujitsu to get it figured out.

Vince.

10. vincent

vincent Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got this computer in my office and I noticed a program called Kensington Mouse Works was installed. I uninstalled it and I haven't had this problem happen again yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.