Fujitsu T4020 Bios password

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by soon, Apr 22, 2009.

1. soon

soon Happy Fujitsu T4020 user

I purchased a 2nd hand T4020 from a laptop shop and now I am facing some bios issue.

The bios prompts me for password when I tried enter Bios setup via F2 button.
    I contacted the laptop shop and the laptop shop does not know the password to the bios either.

A few question:
    1. Is there any master/backdoor password I could use to bypass this?
    2. Can the bios be clear by removing the CR2032 battery and put them back after 1 minute, just like Desktop mainboard?

I tried using programs like !bios and killbios, they failed to crack and clear the bios to what I wanted
    killbios is able to clear my bios, including the date time till 01/01/2005, but the password is still around...

If 2nd solution is a possible solution, i will return the laptop to the shop, ask them to disassemble the laptop and remove the cmos battery to clear the bios.

2. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

I'm 99% sure the removing the cmos battery would work, im not sure why it wouldn't. Only issue would be that it is extremely difficult to reach.

You could send it into fujitsu and see if they have a way of removing it.

3. soon

I will prefer to go back to the laptop shop and ask the service guys to help me remove and place the battery. I am expecting them not to charge me for it.

Fujitsu website (Asia Pacific) stated that they will require to send the laptop to Japan Factory to refresh the CMOS chip. It will take up to 2 weeks, depending on shipping method. Man, I do not have the time since my university lesson is starting this friday. lolx

I am hoping it works the same way as desktop mainboards of clearing cmos via removing CR2032 battery.

OT: the deal of X61t in ur sig seems to be very good. In USD or in British pounds? lolx
    Even it is pounds, still good deal~!

4. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

OT: its in Canadian dollars, but you already missed out

5. soon

OT: Wow, great deal. Even if the shipping cost will be whopping to ship to Singapore. :p

6. Colourful Zone

Colourful Zone Using T2010 for my work

As I know and encountered, for some branded computers in desktop or notebook, you cannot only remove the battery to clear the password since the password are actually stored in the Flash ROM. It is not stored in CMOS. The password are saved by means of flashing BIOS(like as update BIOS) so it becomes a part of your BIOS data. Thus, removing battery is useless if it is in case.

Unfortunately, as I remembered, I made something on my T2010 before, maybe I do something to let the battery disconnect to the motherbard a moment, all CMOS data is cleared includes the date, but all password are still presented. Thus, you need to expect removing battery may not help for you. :(

7. mmccord

mmccord Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anybody know the physical differences between a 4010 and a 4020? I am very familiar with the insides of the 4010 and remembered that there are two batteries in it.

One is a package of what looks like 6 batteries in green heatshrinking near the front of the palmrest, the other is a single (looks like a 2032) in yellow heatshrink right about in the center of the base unit.

Getting to either of them requires removing the bezel above the keyboard, keyboard, screen, top half of the base plastics, and the metal plate under the keyboard.

I've never had a 4020 in my hands though, so I'm not sure what differs.

8. digs_nz

digs_nz Scribbler - Standard Member

On some motherboards (i dont have any experience with laptop chips though) you can change a jumper which is labelled "CMOS" or something to that effect, and it will reset the BIOS to default settings if you leave it for 5 seconds or so, then boot up. Or try booting up, then turning it back off etc. with the jumper reset.

9. soon

Ok... mind any kind souls can help me save his/her T4020 (intel WLAN ver) cmos bios configuration settings via mbios or !bios(did I get the software right?) and upload here or email me at soon(at)printingsoon(dot)com please??

Please help me spread around. I am afraid the bios might lock up if I change HDD. Find my 40GB too small to my liking.