Fujitsu T4010 or HP TC4200

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Brian, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asky

asky Pen Pal - Newbie

Can anyone give me some advice please. I use my notebook mainly for business applications and web browsing, I also play world of warcraft occasionally.
    Should I buy a Fujitsu T4010 now or wait for HP TC4200(Is sonoma important?)? Or is there any better tablet pc coming soon?
    Thank you.

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you want more power and speed, there's no doubt the HP will offer that. There's still no dedicated video card, but the faster FSB and RAM will make a difference without hurting battery life much, if at all.

Brian Beeler
    Editor in Chief
    www.bargainPDA.com www.SPOTstop.com

3. asky

asky Pen Pal - Newbie

But isn't T4010 good enough?

4. Brian

You didn't ask about good enough, you asked for the better hardware of the two. If you want me to talk you into the Fujitsu, I can do that. Their quality and support is second to none. The only problem I see is that a refresh is certainly looming for that unit.

Brian Beeler
    Editor in Chief
    www.bargainPDA.com www.SPOTstop.com

5. alshoh01

alshoh01 Pen Pal - Newbie

In what timeframe do you expect a refresh?

-H

6. Brian

I don't know for sure, except it's definitely been pushed back dure to Intel's problems with the ULV PM 1.2 MHz chips. Many companies have had to delay refreshes for that reason.

Brian

www.BargainPDA.com | www.DigitalCameraReview.com | www.NotebookReview.com | www.SpotStop.com

7. alshoh01

alshoh01 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the quick response, I was just trying to find out general timeframe as in 2H05 or 1H06. It seems like Fujitsu is just now starting to refresh their normal laptops with Sonoma but they don't seem to be in any particular rush.

-H

8. Brian

Actually they haven't refreshed any of their notebooks yet, but they did release a new one. And you are correct, they're not in any rush. It's hard to blame them, the S series has been selling very well.

Brian

www.BargainPDA.com | www.DigitalCameraReview.com | www.NotebookReview.com | www.SpotStop.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.