Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by andya147, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andya147

andya147 Scribbler - Standard Member

have just got one of these and the screen is scratched..well not the screen but the glass frame...any idea were i could buy this from i prized it open with a thin screw driver and it looks like it was glued on somehow..anyone know were to get a replacement ,thx

2. Bladey

Bladey Pen Pal - Newbie

i think your best bet is to buy a second hand unit...spares or repair from ebay. If im not mistaken u have a 12.1 inch screen...so theres a few similar models available over on ebay. Buy a whole unit and you will have plenty of other spare parts aswel... otherwise screen alone will set u back a bit!

Most of the ST5000 models have similar specs...just differ on hard drive/processor/memory and other likes!

Good luck...let us know how u get on.

3. Greg_E

Greg_E Scribbler - Standard Member

The st5111 might have had the daylight transflective screen, so changing the entire thing might not work the best. I have seen the cover on ebay for very little money, but I haven't searched in a long time.

4. Ertew

Ertew Pen Pal - Newbie

Just to clarify few details. ST5111 does not have transflective screen. And there is no backlight too.
    Cheap calculators have monochrome reflective LCD. ST5111 have 10.5' color reflective LCD - works better in daylight than inside. The light layer lay on top of LCD and is called frontlight, exactly as on modern e-ink readers.

- happy owner of the ST5111 since one year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.