Fujitsu Ship Dates

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Smoothcrm7, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smoothcrm7

Smoothcrm7 Pen Pal - Newbie

So I sit here waiting anxiously for my tablet to arrive having ordered it about a week ago. The ship date has been pushed back twice I was just wondering how acurate Fujitsu is with its estimated ship dates. I know some companies tell you one and ship it way earlier in order to look good and others well take forever

How long has it taken others to get the T4220 or other lifebook models?

2. manhattan

manhattan Scribbler - Standard Member

More like to Cover their rears than to look good. However, if they pushed the date bake then... you're probably going to be waiting for your tablet. If you would have been willing to go with a lower speed processor you could have ordered from an online retailer, and received your tablet a lot sooner for a lot less money. That may still be an option... You could cancel and order else where and receive your tablet in a few days.

3. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I wouldn't be that concerned.
    Dates are nowhere as near problematic as those found from Lenovo.

Other Tablet manufacturers suffer, especially when they release another updated machine.
    Sometimes the initial demand will put a strain on manufacture and delivery.

4. Smoothcrm7

Smoothcrm7 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well the ship date doesnt bother me I'm not in desperate of need for it get here right now. I'm just excitied to get it = ) and can't wait to use it so its more me checking the account status every 5 seconds.

5. hokiecorps

hokiecorps Pen Pal - Newbie

Smoothcrm7,

I am a student who just ordered my computer for school from CDW (they had a partnership with my school, so I got a good price). It's kinda hard to explain, but I'll try to explain the basic shipping process of CDW. CDW doesn't actually have the computer I ordered, so they have to order it from Fujitsu. Fujitsu then sends me my computer, but I still pay CDW.

I have been waiting for exactly 3 weeks and I still do not have my computer. I hope you have a better experience than I have had. I have thoroughly despised my experience with CDW. I realize that it may be a once in a while thing. I hope, for your sake, you get your computer soon. I know your feelings. I don't need my computer now, but I definitely want it.

6. Daimlerguy

Daimlerguy Pen Pal - Newbie

According to the manager where we purchased our Our T4220 with the 7700 2.4Ghz chip and 2GB, it shipped from Japan on Monday 18 June and was delivered to the store on the morning of 21 June and we picked it up the afternoon of 21 June, 15 minutes from closing. We were passing thru that town from a family vacation, and almost missed the pickup. We did pre-order the computer, and had put down a $200 deposit. Good luck on getting yours.

7. LxMike

LxMike X61 Canadian Owner

I have a quick question, will the SXGA screen on T4220 be ready before sept 1st, and is the XGA so bad in screen real estate (ie: How much extra folder icon can I place on the SXGA over the XGA ) Thanks.

8. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi LxMike,

The SXGA+ screens for the T4220 will be available in August 2007, if and only if it is a company buying this particular unit in bulk quantities (think over 100+ units). However, there is no doubt in my mind that the T4225 will have the SXGA+ screen option for both the business (corporate) and consumer markets come this Fall. My guess would be October or November 2007, but Fujitsu may bring in the T4225 in September, who knows. :)