Fujitsu Q702 upgradeable?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by III.Jg27ADLER, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. III.Jg27ADLER

III.Jg27ADLER Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey, I have just one question regarding the Q702. Can you upgrade the hard drive from 64 GB to 128 GB/256 GB?

Thanks for your comments in advance!

2. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Check out the other q702 threads IIIjg-- they'll be very useful for you, but I think the answer is yes. You're a previous Motion computer owner, right? That's interesting to hear that you're pondering the tablet. As a previous Motion tablet owner myself, that means something.

What's your usage case?

3. III.Jg27ADLER

Thanks for the quick reply!

Oh no, never used a slate only device before. Just owned a HP TC4200, Lenovo X201T and currently a HP 2760p, but I am considering buying the Fujitsu Q702 or Q572 as they both use N-Trig. They have some weaknesses which makes it hard for me to decide which I will favour in the end...
    The Q702 is performing very well but it has quite a weak non-changeable battery and the Q572 on the one hand is just performing poorly but has a changeable battery on the other hand...Awww, I hate these decisions!

4. III.Jg27ADLER

Forgot to tell, that I want to make the move to the more protable slate devices, forgot that very important info...:D

5. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I see here that the q702 has a replaceable battery that you can buy. Is this true? We should check in the main 2 q702 threads, as this is a reasonable point to consider, and a clear benefit for it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. III.Jg27ADLER

It's the question whether this is meant to be used for the Keyboard docking station or for the slate itself. I am not sure about that, but I feel it that this is supposed to fit in the docking station...

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. kneebuster

kneebuster Long time tablet PC user

Check the sticky thread on opening the Q702 where I talk about upgrading the SSD. Yes, you can do it and it's pretty easy, but you need and mSATA format drive.

The battery cannot be swapped on the slate itself. The battery on the keyboard/dock is swappable though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.