Fujitsu Q572 Questions and super late review- Where's the love?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ReindeerTaco, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReindeerTaco

ReindeerTaco Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello all!

New member here, but long time reader. I guess I've just been a bit nervous about signing up, though I often read reviews here, and have for about 3 or 4 years now.
    You can skip this part
    It's actually thanks to you guys that I bought my first Fujitsu product, and have loved the manufacturer ever since. Not to discredit other manufacturers, but sometimes it feels like actual love and care goes into each machine, and I have had too many issues with other brands, except for boring dell. The thing is, the issues I've had with Fujitsu has either been lack of support or very minor if it was a hardware issue. I was actually so afraid to buy one of their machines when I always saw so many up for sale on ebay at low prices a few years back. Not to mention their super clunky old school designs (which have now grown on me and I like to just call "retro" like a super Nintendo or something).
    You can skip this part

Okay, now that my heartfelt Fujitsu butt-kissery is out of the way, I've had my q572 for about a year. I love it. I wasn't too fond of purebred tablets, but this changed my opinion wholeheartedly. I read a ton of reviews as well that seemed to have been missing the bigger picture when it came to this little machine.

A bit clunky, but sturdy. Mine actually easily survived a big fall onto a hardwood floor, with only a slight mark on the corner where the paint rubbed off. No biggie.

The performance, when we're talking price wise, and what it was made for, and even then some... It holds up. I use this tablet for graphic design, which it was advised against, and while the N-trig (which I adore) does have noticeableably less pressure points than a Wacom tablet, it really doesn't let me down on designing, sketching, or painting on the go.

I realize the battery life could be longer, but I feel it would be sacrificing a bit, and I prefer being able to swap batteries, as I do on my Fujitsu laptops in a pinch.

My biggest issue with the tablet is 1. The HDD space. Windows 8 eats a huge chunk out of the HDD, which I have somewhat remedied with 8.1 among other fixes. The fact that it is a tablet and not a dedicated PC means it is not meant to be bloated in the first place. Not to mention with the SD card support, it does exactly what I intended for it to do.

Questions

While I now have other tablets, some that do their job a little better, this one is still my main squeeze and I actually WANT to use it more because it is most comfortable to me. Still a couple of things stop it from being my dedicated tablet (Maybe it had just hit a soft spot for me?).

1. I have really been wanted to expand with a bigger HDD and more RAM (though it only takes one stick I have an 8gig that can fit), but I can't find any guides on disassembly. Tips? Has anyone dissembled this machine before? Can someone link me to a disassembly guide?

2. What pens are compatible? What pens have been tried? Which do you prefer?
    I have heard the Surface 3 pen works, the Sony Vaio pen works, and that Fujitsu makes a 2 button pen

3. Is the keyboard for the Q720 compatible in any way with the Q572? If not, are there any recommended keyboard/ sleeves for the Q572?
    I have a sleeve with a usb keyboard, but could not find one that surely fits with both usb and bluetooth.

4.How do you guys rank your Q572? Is anyone still using this tablet?

Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2015
  2. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member

We have two Q702's in the office. Been using one for my main computer at work for almost three years. We ended up going to Surface Pro 3 pens for both machines and have less trouble with them than the original Fujitsu pens. Including the fact that we could get them much cheaper was a big plus.

There's a thread for disassembly on the Q702, but it would be a big extrapolation to assume it applies to the Q572. For the Q702, we use the SD card for all data storage to reserve HD space.

No idea if the keyboard of the Q702 would work on the Q572.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    ReindeerTaco likes this.
  3. ReindeerTaco

ReindeerTaco Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, that's pretty helpful news, considering I realize the two tablets are like siblings, being very close in nature. I really want to try out the surface pen on the 572 in that case, and think it will be more durable than the pen that is used with the VAIO.

I've been nervous about using another guide for disassembly, but I'll look it over thoroughly before I make any decisions on it.

I take it you really enjoy your Q702 if you have been using it for so long. I always feel like these two tablets are really underrated and under appreciated.

4. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, they've been rock solid. The N-trig at the time was a big risk for us. Turns out that wasn't an issue, though temperature issues with the digitizer damped outdoor use. Machines work very well indoors, with myself and co-worker using them as our main computers.

We usually carry them in the folio cases, making the lack of a pen silo a non-issue. But for grins, I will go to meetings without the case and people think I've gotten some new computing device. The machine still turns heads. Then they find out it is a full computer and not an iPad. They will ask, "when did that come out?" Oh, about three years ago...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.