Fujitsu Promises, but Does Not Deliver

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Brian, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrgonline

jrgonline Pen Pal - Newbie

Fujitsu Promises, but Does Not Deliver
    by Jim Gilliam

On June 11, 2004, I noticed dust particles collecting underneath the screen of my Fujitsu ST4121 tablet pc. Because the unit was still under warranty (less than a year old), I contacted Fujitsu Technical Support. A seemingly caring representative named Trista told me to send the unit in and that I would have the repaired unit back within 3-5 business days after Fujitsu received the unit:

“Trista: The unit will be repaired. And you will have the unit back 3 to 5 business days after we have received the unit.”

At that point in time I was headed out of town for a conference, so I shipped the unit immediately upon my return. Fujitsu received the unit, via FedEx, on July 9. For some reason, my mind told me that the 3-5 turnaround time was impossible. I did, however, out of necessity, believe Trista and Fujitsu’s promise to its customers.

I was wrong. I’m now into my third week waiting on Fujitsu to return the repaired unit, or to ship me a new unit. I have contacted Fujitsu customer support, technical support, and customer management to resolve this issue. They all give me the same answer as Trista did today (July 28, 2004):

“Trista: The status shows that the repair is still in process. For a more accurate accounting of the state of your unit, please contact our Technical Support line, 1-800-838-5487 so that we can escalate you live to the repair facility.”

Rather than boring readers with the details of each support chat and phonecall, suffice to say that Fujitsu has not kept its promise. Nor has it attempted to resolve this issue in a timely manner as it promised. As someone who is working on his Ph.D., my need for a working tablet pc is overwhelming and only delays the progress towards my degree. For that, I place the blame on Fujitsu and resort to using my HP desktop machine. Of course, with all the travel I do for work and school, the desktop cannot tag along unfortunately.

I’m debating whether to sell the Fujitsu ST4121 when (and if) I get it back—without having to resort to legal action against Fujitsu Corporation.

MAJOR FYI: When Fujitsu makes a promise to one of its customers that sounds too good to be true, it is. I will never buy a Fujitsu product again. Fujitsu has just lost this first-time (and now, only-time) customer forever. [xx(]

Jim Gilliam

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
  2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think this is isolated to the Tablet product. I know dozens of Fujitsu notebook owners, myself included, who have had nothing but great service from them. This is pretty terrible though...sorry.

Brian Beeler
    Editor in Chief
    www.bargainPDA.com www.SPOTstop.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.