Fujitsu Lifebook T937

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ATIVQ, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Yao

Yao Scribbler - Standard Member

you are definitely the expert for the deep dive on active stylus technology.

I am such a fan of EMR due to accuracy, high hover and no battery needed ever on the stylus pen.

the AAAA battery of the AES pens is such a hassle. but now, they are coming out with capicitor or built-in rechargable battery pens life will be easier.

2. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

Yes, typing this from a Thinkpad. WiGiG docking station itself cost me half of the proprietary OneLink+ dock, and won't become immediately obsolete, unlike it; sourcing WiGiG antenna is a pain though, still waiting for it to arrive.
    T902 has a cult following indeed, and even before service manuals were leaked, there were usable disassembly instructions available thanks to the community. Yet... a new battery, be it mains or modular, even now costs insane amount of money. I still have a T734 - it's pretty much a T902 with socketed Haswell CPU and 12.5" HD screen. I upgraded everything except CPU on it, even sourced parts and repaired it - so I know the experience firsthand, and it's nowhere as pleasant as Lenovo's.

Looking at T937, it could be a really nice machine - when packed with WWAN, bridge battery & WiGiG upgrade. Sacrificing bridge battery for Fujitsu proprietary dock connector seems a very bad trade-off to me; USB-C docks are not as good as Thunderbolt, and most high-end machines nowadays support the latter - so getting a USB-C dock may also be a dead-end, depending on one's current and future device preference. Adding WiGiG to a resonably serviceable machine not equipped with it is more about sourcing the parts - and many (business-class) devices do have a WiGiG option to avoid the hassle. The idea of buying a second battery is somewhat mitigated by its high price, which exceeds that of a more reusable laptop powerbank, but on the other hand provides considerable weight savings - so it's a very tempting option.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    thatcomicsguy and Yao like this.
  3. Yao

If i ever have any questions about custom upgrades to a mobile PC, i know who to ask! :)

I was so close in buying a very nice spec'd out T902. I didnt need it, i just appreciated the way the ower kept it and the features it had.

I hope the T937 is the 2nd coming of the T902. :)

Starlight5 likes this.
  4. Critical Observer

Critical Observer Pen Pal - Newbie

According to the official specs, T937's keyboard sports 1.2mm stroke (similar to Elitebook X360 G2) while P727 boasts a rather more substantial 1.7mm stroke (not unlike X1 Yoga).

Specs are interesting but how are their respective keyboards in practice, we will only know once someone FINALLY reviews these devices; I'm getting rather uneasy waiting since Microsoft is running a cashback campaign on Win10 devices in my country, and the campaign ends this coming sunday. I should make my pick between

T937 @ 2060€ - 200€ cashback
    P727 @ 1700€ - 200€
    Elitebook X360 @ 1759€ - 200€
    Portegé X20W @ 1610€ - 200€

All prices indicated above represent the model with i5-7200U/8/256. Lifebooks are user-expandable but the RAM operates in single channel; the Elitebook has soldered RAM in dual-channel configuration; the Toshiba's gpu benchmarks are strangely low, but it's the cheapest and lightest with a superb display, albeit with a bad keyboard.

T937 is my #1 choice but not sure if the 300€+ difference vs. P727 is worth it; those reviews can't come soon enough. :/

5. Yao

Just buy the T937. You will appreciate the larger 13.3" screen! :)

I currently have the Q775. If i didnt have this, i would buy the T937 :)

good luck with your choice! :)

6. IloveNY

IloveNY Pen Pal - Newbie

7. Yao

if i was in the market for a 13.3" laptop, this would be it. looks like it checks all the boxes for a 2 lb clamshell laptop.

i love that it has right / click trackpad buttons! :)

8. IloveNY

IloveNY Pen Pal - Newbie

now most fujitsu laptops have the left/right mouse buttons right?

in my opinion, fujitsu just failed between the years of 2013-2016, after T902 Q702 SH772 they failed to produce cult laptops... now it is coming back with many nice laptops...

9. Critical Observer

Critical Observer Pen Pal - Newbie

The sheer number of new models they are releasing is nothing short of staggering - especially for a company not exactly topping the sales-charts. I have been following the stock of T937 and P727 in the inventory of the biggest local wholesale operator and it seems they have sold only a couple of each, in total, through their various retail partners, since the launch of these models.

Of course now it seems that it's their last hurrah anyway, what with being acquired by Lenovo and all. :/

10. Yao

i agree with you. from 2013 to 2016 (after the T902 years) they lost their way for the most part.

now all their laptops have right / left click buttons on trackpad. I am so happy for that :)

I hope this is their 2nd coming of legend status laptops!