Fujitsu Lifebook T937

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ATIVQ, Dec 20, 2016.

1. IloveNY

IloveNY Pen Pal - Newbie

Have you got touch-screen on your U727?

btw, Porsche Design just released a 2in1 with stylus :-D

2. FenderP

FenderP Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes

I commented in the thread. I already knew, but it only has 16GB of memory so not something I would have even considered at this point.

3. FenderP

Just a quick follow up. So far, I really like the U727. It's been on two road trips (one short, one long), and as a portable VM machine with 32GB of RAM and 2TB built in, it's great. I've already nearly filled up the internal drive. The size/weight/power ratio is on point. The screen is surprisingly good, and no complaints with the touch aspect. I wish it had pen input, but I'll take 32GB over pen enabled. Having a more traditional laptop form vs. the Z Canvas has been nice on planes. I've presented quite a bit with it and have done both VGA out as well as DP-->HDMI via an adapter. It's all worked like a champ.

Build quality is excellent. It's not as quiet as the ZC, but it's pretty close. I don't hear the fan very much and if so, it's never sustained. The 7600U is capable, and even with over 10 VMs running, I don't feel it's lagging so in that way , I really don't miss the guts of the ZC like I thought I would.

The keyboard is also surprisingly good. I do a lot of typing and it's very comfortable. The trackpad isn't bad, and it's nice having real buttons not just the tap stuff. It's also nice not to have to worry about the keyboard running out of charge.

The WiFi is also better than the ZC, but that's not surprising given it's two years newer.

My only complaint really is the battery. Battery life is a little better than the Z Canvas, but not amazing. I need to actually call Fujitsu. According to Battery Bar, I've already got .6% wear and I've mainly been charging to 80%. I've never seen that before in a laptop. I'm wondering if something weird is going on.

So if you're looking at one of the other 7x7 Fujitsu machines, I'd say they got more right than wrong and my only concern is laid out above.

kvoram, thatcomicsguy and Marty like this.
  4. FenderP

Just finished up a call with Fujitsu tech support. They couldn't have been nicer. To start we're just going to see if I have a defective battery and are sending one overnight. If that isn't the issue, things will escalate. I've had some crap customer service experiences, but this has been really good. Makes me glad I went with the U727.

Starlight5 likes this.
  5. IloveNY

IloveNY Pen Pal - Newbie

Good to hear from you. I think I will get the U757, since it holds 2 internal SSDs and has HDMI build-in.