Fujitsu Lifebook T935 - successor to the T904

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ATIVQ, Jan 15, 2015.

1. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well, if the T902's anything like my T901 even after repasting it, it's going to have some thermal throttling issues under heavy loads because Fujitsu's stock HSF is woefully inadequate. I won't know for sure until my T902 arrives this afternoon to succeed my T901.

I can only hope the CC2 doesn't do the same; too many slates these days are crippled by inadequate thermal performance. *cough*Surface Pro 3*cough*

It should be noted that the CC2's external monitor functionality already puts it a cut above every other Windows tablet PC simply because I can still use the screen and digitizer on something that doesn't have painfully weak hardware, especially GPU. You know, something like my water-cooled gaming desktop.

If you don't mind lugging around two computers at once, what's to stop you from carrying around a separate workstation or gaming laptop for heavy-duty work while the CC2 itself handles lighter loads by itself? Performance AND portability, the next-best thing to widespread dockable GPUs! (Yeah, I wish...)

The only thing I won't like too much about the CC2 is having to carry around a separate keyboard and stand, especially since nobody makes a slate keyboard these days that's even half as good as the old Compaq TC1000/HP TC1100 with its huge swivel hinge and inconspicuous clipping onto the back of the system. However, for just doing art stuff, it should be easier to manage with the CC2's side keys for modifiers and shortcuts that I usually keep the keyboard on my T901 available for.

stoneseeker and ATIVQ like this.
  2. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

A bit off topic, but I wonder where Fujitsu are getting the 1366 x 768 IPS displays from at a reasonable price for the T725?

Also, their product numbering system has gone even funnier...

3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

I can't believe it, the Fujitsu store is offering a T904 and T935 with the same specs except the T935 has a better processor and no OS installed, and the T935 is 120€ cheaper.

Mesosphere likes this.
  4. SetTainte

SetTainte Pen Pal - Newbie

T935: No OS (kein betreibsystem), i5 = 1.899,00 €
    T904: Win 8.1 Pro, i7 = 2.021,18 €
    Not exactly same specs... :p

5. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The i5-5300U and i7-4600U are more or less equivalent due to thermal throttling, and the Intel 5500 GPU performs about 10%-20% better than the 4400 GPU. I guess the hassle of purchasing and installing Windows 8.1 Professional could account for 120 €.

6. SetTainte

T935 is not yet sold in my country so I'm considering to order one from Germany and I have a few questions.

UMTS
    - Fujitsu UMTS Modul Upgrade, internes Gobi3000 UMTS HSUPA Modul incl. GPS, bis 21MBit/a, 126 €
    - Fujitsu LTE UMTS Upgrade, MC7710 LTE/HSPA+ Modul, bis 100MBit/s DL, 50MBit/s UL, 178 €
    Is there any other difference than speed? And price =)

OS language
    Is there an easy way to change the languagu of Win8.1? And I want to change the language outside GUI as well so I'm not sure if language pack can do that? The store charges 35 € for that so not bad I think...

Warranty
    Fujitsu Lifebook E8XX S7XX T9XX Upgrade auf 4 Jahre VorOrtService 48h 5x9 GB4S10Z00DENML
    This is international - right?

7. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

8. SetTainte

Hmm... Interesting. The cards Planet Notebook Gmbh offers really are different that Fujitsu offers...
    http://globalsp.ts.fujitsu.com/dmsp/Publications/public/ds-LIFEBOOK-T935.pdf
    Very good point indeed!
    Well... I'd like to think they know what they are doing and selling. The company seems legit and communicates quite well if you send them a question.

They seem to change the SSDs in the company since Fujitsu only sells T935 with 512 GB SSD and they offer 1000 GB.
    I wonder if I could change that myself anyway? Only used Thinkpads for the last 10 years and with them it is so easy...
    Hmm... So this changes GUI (graphical user interface) only like I suspected. It also always requires English base language.
    --> two reasons why it is not ok.
    Confirmed from Fujitsu. The warranty is EMEA.
    Also confirmed: changing the ssd does not cancel the warranty. Only the new drive is of course excluded.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  9. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

Just be careful with the "international" warranty. The service will not be the same as the local warranty.

10. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

I wonder if the speakers will be just as bad as the T904.