Fujitsu Lifebook T935 - successor to the T904

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ATIVQ, Jan 15, 2015.

1. FloydGuy

FloydGuy Pen Pal - Newbie

2. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Geekbench has a comparison between the old and new Lenovo X1 Carbon. Multi-core performance is 10%-20% better on the i7-5600U. The i7-4600U X1 Carbon is 10%-20% faster than the i7-4600U T904 to begin with, probably due to less thermal throttling and a better RAM module. I guess you should see at least 5%-10% increase in performance unless Fujitsu manages to bungle the thermal throttling even worse than the T904, which is unlikely since they appear to be using the exact same chassis.

Graphics performance should be 10%-20% better, according to this ArsTechnica benchmark on the Dell XPS 13 between the Intel HD Graphics 4400 and 5500.

Mesosphere likes this.
  3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Some serious errors in that video. The Ethernet port does not require an adapter, it slides out and connects to ordinary 8P8C Ethernet connectors; there is a single battery, there is no back-up built-in battery; the device weighs over 3.23 lbs, not 2.23 lbs; the housing is aluminium, only the lid is magnesium alloy (which, to my tastes, doesn't look as good as aluminium); and last but not least, the display has no anti-glare coating, it is hardened Dragontrail glass, and from the video it should be obvious that it has a mirror finish.

stoneseeker likes this.
  4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

T935 available now on the US and German Fujitsu online stores. Only 60€ difference between the i7/8GB RAM/256GB SSD T935 and T904. For once an electronic device is less expensive in Europe!

5. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Just configured one the way I would want it for fun. Only $3000!! weeeeeeee
    8 gigs RAM max still... is it using single channel RAM, or just not bothering with the option to input 16?

Looks like a decent machine though. Seems to strike a nice balance for many enterprise users who need the large form factor.

ATIVQ likes this.
  6. FloydGuy

Thanks!

I actually found a guy near my home in Jersey selling his T904 on craigslist--i7/256GB SSD/ 8GB RAM for $ 1700.00
    I guess thats a good price?

Or I could buy the newer T935 with Broadwell with same configuration as above for $3000.00, PLUS sales tax. (No sales tax when buying from craigslist..!;))

Is the newer T935 worth the extra almost $1500.00 ?

7. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

doubt it.

Though to be fair, I priced it that way with a port replicator and the higher res screen which weren't necessary I guess.

$1700 is a good price for a T904 for sure. No tax on top of that AND you get to view it in person before forking over cash? heck yes.

8. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

They have been selling them on the Fujitsu eBay outlet for <$1000 for the i5 version. They come with HDs instead of SSDs but that is a cheap and easy self upgrade. I still think the i7 is a complete waste of money considering the lack of thermal headroom in the T904. At best you will see barely perceptible bursts over very short windows. Once the thermal wall kicks in for sustained loads, an i7 is no faster than an i3 (the FLOPS/watt are the same), and that wall is hit pretty fast on the T904.

stoneseeker likes this.
  9. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

View angles are my number one complaint about the T904. They aren't TN panel bad, but not as good as I'm used to from IPS.

This is probably very hard to tell from a video, but I definitely got the impression that the view angles were better in the video. He also mentioned it is a 1080p screen. Maybe even if the 1440p screens end up being identical to the t904, the 1080p screens maybe will have better view angles?

10. FloydGuy

Thanks guys for your replies.

So the T904 i5 is better deal than the i7 one I am getting on craigslist, because of the thermal throttling issues?

And now I am hearing rumblings of rumours of the Surface pro 4 coming out. Man, IF it had 13.3. inch screen with a better keyboard attachment, I will totally buy that!
    Plus Asus is also rumoured to be releasing a 13.3. inch tabet with detachable keyboard.

Getting confused..)

Maybe I should wait for few more months and see what MS or Asus might come up with.

And Fujitsu's own new Stylistic Q775 will have 13.3 inch screen with detachable keyboard:

http://liliputing.com/2015/01/fujitsu-unveils-three-new-lightweight-tablet-pc-devices.html

More confused now on what to get..buy used on CL/ebay, Get new on whats out there or wait for few more months!