Fujitsu Lifebook T935 - successor to the T904

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ATIVQ, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Jericto

Jericto Pen Pal - Newbie

So they're going for ULV now, and the display resolution for their T7xx model is still 1366x768 and max RAM is 12GB.. doesn't seem like big improvement because i7-5600U is just 5-15% faster than i7-4600U. I guess they're really going for battery life on these new models.

Thanks for the info by the way

2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Isn't it going to be a significant performance downgrade going from M series to ULV?

3. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

That's what I am thinking, which is why I asked if it's an ultrabook convertible now. I also think max ram on the T734 was 16gb.

4. ile

ile Scribbler - Standard Member

If it had

- brighter display
    - better viewing angles
    - much better fan
    - touchpad that is FF compatible - bigger battery

it would be interesting. But I guess, the Toshiba Z20t will be better

5. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Without the robust specs and modular bay, Fujitsu's just another cat in the park.

6. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

JoeS likes this.
  7. ile

ile Scribbler - Standard Member

And optional AC WiFi

8. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Well spec wise, but it is possible they changed some things that don't show up on a spec sheet... Like maybe the view angles have improved? My guess is they haven't for the WQHD display, but maybe the FHD display doesn't have this problem? Personally I'd rather have excellent view angles than the higher resolution (particularly in windows).

9. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Is it just me, or has Intel/Fujitsu managed to play musical chairs with silicon, battery, weight and screen resolution, only to "arrive" at a T935 which is functionally inferior in all respects to the (3-year?) older T902 with "improvements" (eg, screen resolution, coupla battery hours, some weight reduction) that are the least important attributes to the target market for this series. I was blown away at the comparison between the i7-3520 vs. i7-5600U. What genius in Fujitsu's marketing department thought the user of high powered Tablet PCs for serious professional application (that is what the T-9xxx series is for, right?) couldn't wait to trade in a heavy duty brute like the T-902 for an ultrabook-a-fied version that looks sleeker, weighs a bit less, runs an hour or two longer on batteries and performs about like a high end C2D model from 2008??!!

Or am I missing something here? If not, I would suggest, Stone, that you head over to eBay and buy a good strong used T902 as a back up or for parts so that you can stay "current" with the best available technology until Fujitsu replaces the "U" with an "M" again. :confused:

10. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member