Fujitsu Lifebook T935 - successor to the T904

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ATIVQ, Jan 15, 2015.

1. NVKnivek

NVKnivek Pen Pal - Newbie

T734s why s? Never heard before....
    In fact some posts earlier I wrote "hoping to find one...". Up to now haven't seen even a shade of it around the web :( too good to get rid of it??
    On the EU used market not even the T902 is common. If I decide to buy a T902 I'll have to order it from the states.
    Curious to have a look on the japanese market

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Rondo60 likes this.
  2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Hopefully someone like @Selofain or others who have modded Fujitsu's can weigh in on some of your more specific questions regarding hardware mods.

I'm pretty sure some versions of the T902 supports RAID, (the ones that utilized the optional mSATA drive slot came with a specific chipset) but you would need to ensure the model your buying has the mSATA drive enabled I think? Hopefully someone can confirm that. Not sure what options exist for the RAID configs though.
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/t901-vs-t902.52086/page-5#post-290548 : "when you are purchasing the laptop, if you go to customize it, one of the options is to add 32 GB of SSD Cache for $125 (rip off!). So it's obviously doable. It also comes preloaded with Intel's Rapid Storage Technology which is what you use to configure the mSATA drive. However, if you opt out of this upgrade during purchase, they give you a different BIOS and chipset which blocks the RAID option in your SATA config option in the BIOS, thereby blocking the installation and configuration of the Rapid Storage Technology software.
    I contacted Fujitsu and they said that because I didn't have the factory install the cache, they gave me a separate chipset (but didn't remove the mSATA port?). To prove this further, I tried flashing the stock BIOS provided on Fujitsu's website and it said it wasn't compatible with my system, which usually only happens when the chipset isn't compatible....(shady)"

I imagine your T734 regardless of the mod is going to be slightly faster in tasks and better iGPU for sure. The weird RAM config is a bit annoying, I like to have as much RAM as I can possibly get since I work with Adobe all day and its a RAM hog. You can put a big SSD in there and happily assign a large amount of VRAM to help the scenario at least. I guess it comes down to whether or not you want to prioritize screen size and resolution or slightly faster CPU with more upgrade-ability options.

Since your limited in budget, I would just save a search on Ebay for both and take the first awesome deal from a reputed seller that comes up for either machine!

3. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

T734 power balance is very much geared towards CPU, so iGPU will power throttle under load. You can notice that even in notebookcheck's review. In reality, T734 performs only slightly better than T902 GPU-wise.
    8GB will work in dual-channel and 4GB in single channel. You won't notice any difference.

If you're still looking for T734, PM me - I would like to sell mine, it's maxed-out except CPU.

stoneseeker likes this.
  4. NVKnivek

Thanks for all the informations...Yes I'm still looking for a T734 but I'll likely PM you tomorrow as I'm busy today up to nigh

5. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

I wouldn't recommend getting a higher clocked quad core, honestly. Some people tried that with a T901 and found that their CPUs started dying after a while. Here's the thread, though the stuff about dying CPUs wasn't until near the end of the thread. It's why I went with a relatively low end quad core. It was enough to give a decent power boost.

Whatever you end up trying, please definitely let us know how it turns out!

WillAdams likes this.
  6. NVKnivek

Bad news... :-(I'll let you know what the results will be after I purchase it... Haven't got one yet..
    Do you think there is space/"easy" way to attempt any cooling mod? Like soldering an additional heatpipe line or whatever can help..Anyone tried to your knowledge?
    by the time being I have the feeling that to attempt any cooling mod the only way remaining will be a sort of crazy build from scratch like some alienware German heavy hardcore have done putting inside an exaggerated 3d designed water aluminium cooling circuit self-made. They have not plenty but enough space to play with in those machines

7. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N