Fujitsu Lifebook T935 - successor to the T904

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ATIVQ, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

2. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Is the T935/T936 the best wacom EMR tablet out there?

Better than thinkpad yoga 12 gen 2( that's EMR right)? or the toshiba z20t (that's EMR right?)

The only thing the T935 leaves to be desired is that trackpoint. On the other hand there's the removeable battery and larger screen so I'm not sure what's more worth it

3. Rondo60

Rondo60 Pen Pal - Newbie

I looked over the Thinkpads and Toshibas, and wanted a non-detachable screen and keyboard and the design of the Fujitsu T935 appealed to me the most- while it's display ratings aren't as high as Yoga, I like the convenience of one unit.
    Still getting used to the Wacom EMR pen- much different than on my desktop Wacom Tablet, and the Fujitsu driver has limited control settings, but I think it will work out.

4. novo22

novo22 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello! Prompt if to switch off the computer, the battery will be discharged or not? When have switched off the computer the battery there were 95%, every other day, two when have included too shows 95%? I am going to buy this computer, thanks!

5. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Keeping the device from using the battery when turned off (S5) requires configuring Intel Active Management Engine (Intel vPro / Intel AMT / Intel ME / Intel SBA / Intel SCS... it has many names). Leaving it unconfigured will draw power when the device turned off.

By the way, there are better alternatives out there, unless you absolutely need Wacom EMR.

6. novo22

novo22 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello? You have available Fujitsu T935? Or this your opinion? Then tell the battery in the S5 mode is discharged or not? I need confirmation, instead of assumptions on what the battery category can influence.
    I know that you have thrown off I about it. I have now available 2 models: Fujitsu stylistic q665 and Fujitsu stylistic q736, and so I say that the battery in Fujitsu stylistic q665 is discharged in the S5 mode within 7 days from 100% in 0, and the battery in Fujitsu stylistic q736 isn't discharged in the S5 mode, isn't considerable approximately in 4 days for 1%, maybe it is less. On both tablets there are all identical functions, the same Wake on lan, technical support of Fujitsu refers to this function. I consider that here a problem or not in the software from engineers of Fujitsu, technical support hasn't given the answer, namely has told that and has to be because of a design of these tablets. That year I had Fujitsu stylistic q704 on it too there was no such problem, the battery wasn't discharged for months.
    Therefore I ask, real owners of this tablet, is discharged in the switched-off state or not?
    PS: To Wacom EMR occasion, I consider that at Fujitsu the most exact positioning of a stylus, in comparison with the same Lenovo thinkpad yoga 12, I was too in use. Therefore Wacom EMR main advantage upon purchase of devices from Fujitsu.

7. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

If you want EMR because you expect the cursor position to be close to the pen tip, you are in for a disappointment. N-trig and Wacom AES do a better job out-of-the-box at being close to the pen tip. Wacom EMR is better at following the pen strokes more accurately. Strange but true. The T904/T935/T936 are particularly bad in this case because of the huge air gap between the glass and the display panel. If you want the distance to be as small as possible you need a device with optically-bonded glass, like the iPad Pro, Galaxy Note, Vaio Z Canvas, and so on.

All these devices you mention have Intel vPro. If you want them not to use the battery when in S5 mode, you have to configure vPro properly.

thatcomicsguy and WillAdams like this.
  8. novo22

novo22 Pen Pal - Newbie

don't prompt then how to adjust, I think to you will be much grateful.

9. Rondo60

Rondo60 Pen Pal - Newbie

You mean allow remote management by configuring this feature? What would you configure if for? Using for personal/home, not business.

10. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Could be a nice feature to remotely reboot, inspect, or re-image your device when the operating system is dead, but in general it's a huge security hole. Leaving it unconfigured is a security hole too, because then an attacker can configure it.

I configured it with a strong password and turned off all the features (including a crazy web server that can run while the device is "off"). Never tested the amount of battery drain while powered off but I never noticed anything unusual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.