Fujitsu Lifebook T935 - successor to the T904

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ATIVQ, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The T904 display is WQHD. You're right though, I should have specified that I meant under direct sunlight outdoors. Another thing, the metal frame gets extremely hot under direct sunlight. Stick to air-conditioned offices and cafés.

2. Inky

Inky Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, yes. I am afraid for direct sunlight outdoors you need special screens with >600nits and special coatings and screen bondings for suppression of reflections (antiglare matte surfaces are not sufficient in that case). If anyone knows any lightweight ultrabook-spec device at HD+ resolution on the market for <$2k, then I am officially interested.

As for the heat: Do you think gets hotter than other devices of similar color? That would be surprising. I can see that a reflective finish such as clear aluminium would help a bit against direkt sunlight heating, but a black notebook should heat up like any other black notebook would be my guess.

My test regime went up to 35 Celsius in tree shade (but doing reasonably serious computations). That worked out fine. Above that, I need A/C for cooling my head, so can't extend the test any further :)

3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Either way it's a non-issue... if you're working in a hardhat area or in the dirt, you'd probably want a more rugged device. I beat up my T904 a lot, but I won't be using it out in the sun... much.

I would say that the Vaio Z Canvas is a better choice for dusty environments because it has a gel filling between the display's glass and the pixels, thus no air gap to trap annoying dust that you can never get out.

4. Dukrat

Dukrat Pen Pal - Newbie

Confirming that you can indeed put a 16GB SODIMM in the T935. The one I'm using is the CT204864BF160B

yaboo and Unlogic like this.
  5. tabletier

tabletier Pen Pal - Newbie

Few questions...
    1. Does the 13.3" WQHD (2560x1440) have the same wacom digitizer as the lower resolution screen?
    2. Is this the same digitizer that has been used in older penabled tablets, which I believe was either 256 or 512 levels or has it been upgraded to 1024?
    3. Is there an option to get this tablet with a less reflective screen?

6. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

All models come with a digitizer, it's compatible with Penabled pens, and there's no official word on the levels of pressure but several artists have tried it and said it's good. Whether it's 512 or 1024 is far less important than how lightly you have to touch the display (very very lightly) and the pressure curve.

Alas it only comes with a reflective glass display. If you're looking for a WQHD+ device with Wacom EMR you're limited to glass displays. If you're willing to try Wacom ES you can get the Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460. On the tablet front you have the Cintiq Companion 2, and on the non-Wacom front you have the Vaio Z Canvas and Surface Book.

7. tabletier

tabletier Pen Pal - Newbie

thank you for the response... I was mostly wondering if there have been any improvements in the pen input department when compared to the t902 or if its exactly the same...

8. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

For those who want the battery utility for windows 10, if you go to the fujitsu global support website and select south africa as your country, you'll be able to find the windows 10 app. Once you've selected the T935, you need to select the unsupported operating systems to find the batty utility (as well as a few other apps).

This battery utility will allow you to charge to 80%.

9. Inky

Inky Pen Pal - Newbie

Okay, so there is very good news on the T935 and external 4K displays:

Using the DisplayPort on the docking station, you can drive a 3840x2160 display at 60, or at least 59, Hz. Tested using the current Dell P2415Q 24 inch screen. The connection is SST (single stream transport).

What's even cooler is that you can even daisy-chain two 4k screens and drive them (then at 29 or 30 Hz of course), at the same time as the built-in display (still shown as running at 59 Hz). The DP topology is shown correctly in the Intel graphics tool.

So that is 20.3 Megapixels of display real estate :)

All tested with Windows 10, using the latest (but non-beta) Intel drivers (the ones on the Fujitsu web site are outdated).

All of this should definitely also apply to the new T936; possibly that one can drive even higher resolutions.

10. goRockets

goRockets Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone upgraded the ssd in their T935 yet? I'm thinking about buying one with the 500gb hard drive then putting in a 500gb ssd myself. Is it easy to do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.