Fujitsu Lifebook T935 - successor to the T904

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ATIVQ, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have some good news regarding 4K/UHD capability. I recently got lucky and bought a dirt-cheap T904 and I also have an UHD monitor (3840x2160).

I do not have the corresponding Port Replicator (it's the same for T904/T935) but using the HDMI output on the T904 I can display 3840x2160 at 30Hz on my external monitor. I can even use it together with my T904 display set at 2560x1440.

For your reference my T904 has the i7-4600U with HD4400. My UHD monitor ist the Benq BL3201PT. I used the latest graphics driver provided by Fujitsu (10.18.10.3740 dated 18.08.2014).

I haven't tested it vigorously yet, since I had the T904 only for a couple days so far, so I can't say if there might be any issues. I was actually surprised that it worked out of the box after the driver update.

So the T935 will definitely be capable of 3840x2160@30Hz through internal HDMI. I doubt that it will do 60Hz that way since it would need to be HDMI2.0 to do that.

Regarding the dock, does anyone really know what the specs of the proprietary docking connector are? What is the maximum bandwidth? I am not sure if that could be a bottleneck for 4K/UHD@60Hz.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    ATIVQ likes this.
  2. Inky

Inky Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, Kvoram!
    So at least that confirms that they put hardware good enough to use the full capabilites of the HD4400, which is UHD at 30Hz. The question is, did they upgrade the ports for the T935 to exploit the much improved capabilities of the HD5500, or did they simple replace the CUP SoC chip and that's it?

For the internal HDMI, I now saw that in an internal document, it is spec'd as HDMI 1.4a - which means UHD at 30 Hz or FHD up to 120 Hz. Sadly, no HDMI 2.0 then.

For the DP port on the dock, I still have no additional information; since the dock is shared between 904 and 935, I fear it might be an older DP standard as well... Meaning 4K at 30 Hz, or worse.

3. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

based on the release date of displayport 1.2 in 2009, my guess is that it is 1.2 in the T935.

I can run 3440 x 1440 @ 60hz.
    You can check my previous post with the intel documentation.

4. KA-OST

KA-OST Pen Pal - Newbie

Disassemble T935 to exchange SSD/HDD

has anyone opened the T935´s bottom yet? I´ve just tried to remove the screws on the bottom (including the two screws in the battery compartment and two in the back) but the bottom can still not get removed.
    Any idea or hint?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  5. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

6. zxcool

zxcool Pen Pal - Newbie

Could someone accurately measure the brightness (nits) of the Lifebook t935 display, and report back with your find?. I read somewhere that it was only 192 but it is reported that it is 300?!?... This is my only concern which is holding back my purchase. If you own the computer, is it bright enough for you? (what level of brightness are you using? 20% 50% etc.) and if you could tell your battery life with your current settings, I would much appreciate it. Please reply only if you have a detailed reply and not a "the screen is bright enough" response, since this is an informational forum so others interested in the product can have info when they research. Thank you in advance.

7. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

8. zxcool

zxcool Pen Pal - Newbie

That doesn't seem bright at all, especially concidering that others have much brighter displays. Do you own the laptop? Does it seem bright enough for you?

9. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

I own the T904 and it's not bright enough for viewing outdoors. It's just bright enough for a sunlight-lit office, and very bright in any artificial light area. Don't know about the nits etc, but if you're worried about brightness this is not the device for you.

10. Inky

Inky Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you have the FHD or the WQHD version of the display? (is the WQHD available for T904?) The WQHD one is brighter than the FHD (strangely).

I do not have a device for measuring nits, but in my opinion my T935 WQHD display is much brighter than 200 nits. This is based on comparison to other displays with known nits numbers. It is significantly less bright than the brightest screens around such as the Galaxy Note series (500 to 600 nits), but much brighter than a (supposedly) 200 nits device I have seen.

In the official datsheet it says 330 nits for FHD and 350 nits for WQHD. Those numbers make sense based on my comparisons. The "Notebookcheck" review measures 200nits only; so apparently there are some bad ones. And they tested only the FHD version.

I can work very well outdoors with the WQHD panel, but of course not in direct sunlight (no backlight displays on regular consumer devices can do that at the moment). Sitting under a tree on an otherwise bright and sunny day does work for me however for text-writing type tasks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.