Fujitsu Lifebook T935 - successor to the T904

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ATIVQ, Jan 15, 2015.

1. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Say hello to the T904's younger sibling, Fujitsu Lifebook T935 [specs] - [quick start guide]
    • 13.3" display - WQHD, FHD
    • Wacom EMR digitizer (on all models)
    • 5th generation Intel Core processor - i7-5600U, i5-5300U, i5-5200U
    • RAM: 4GB, 8GB
    • SSD: up to 512GB
    The rest of the specs are like the T904, price will probably be like the T904 was at launch. Sad to see my T904 become officially outmoded.

Mesosphere likes this.
  2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I wonder if they fixed the view angle problems with the screen.

3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Bah.

I'm still waiting for Fujitsu to dethrone their own T902.
    Still only 8 gigs ram and 15 W CPU?? Better battery life I guess, but otherwise what's the upgrade even from a T904?

Here is a comparison of the T902 i7 and the T935 i7:

http://ark.intel.com/compare/64893,85215

The T902 still has a more robust CPU with more than double the TDP, higher base and max clocks (GPU and CPU), and higher supported RAM (32 gigs, though the T902 motherboard/chipset only supports 16 I believe)

Wacom Companion 2 is the only one announced recently that actually raised the power and TDP of the CPU involved.
    I realize business peeps that this is aimed at probably benefit from longer battery life and have no need of sustained power and high thermal limit...

4. Mesosphere

Have we seen the benchmarks for the 5600U? It wouldn't shock me if it still hasn't caught up to the 3520M yet, but with the IPC and performance per watt improvements it is possible it could be close isn't it? Wasn't it getting pretty close with Haswell?

5. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

For very short bursts of 30 seconds to 2 minutes it has caught up (where the turbo clock matches specs at least) but the problem with these devices is they are getting pushed thinner and thinner, with a lower thermal threshold each generation, so where the performance could match if thermals were kept in check with a more robust solution, they are often throttled back to base clock or lower very quickly, rendering sustained performance terrible by comparison. Benches don't always test for long enough to get this side of the picture.
    SP3 vs. SP2 is a fantastic example. Even though the SP3 is newer and both CPU's are nearly identical aside from the newer gen (both are ULV) THe Sp2 outperforms when it counts over time, both in GPU related activities such as light-medium gaming, and in intensive tasks like sustained painting in photoshop. They had to sacrifice something for that tiny chassis!

The clock difference between the 2 CPu's isn't that big of a deal considering the performance and efficiency bump per cycle in the newer CPU's, but their is no way the ULV could keep up with the full voltage over 4 or more minutes of animation.
    Plus, more RAM is always a good thing in the creative world. Adobe eats RAM for breakfast lunch and dinner.

6. Mesosphere

Yea, I believe you. I think the difference between Broadwell and Haswell will be greater than the minor revision difference between SP2 and SP3 Haswells. If sustained performance wasn't even close though, I doubt it will be now either.

RAM is a big deal in the science world too. I have 64GB on my number crunching server and sometimes struggle to stay under that =P My codes would crash immediately on my laptop.

7. Jericto

Jericto Pen Pal - Newbie

Same here, didn't expect Fujitsu to make their T9xx model to become ultrabook like. The battery might just last 1hrs+ than the last model so about 8hrs instead of 6.5hrs. There are currently no full voltage core for Broadwell if I'm right, I'm hoping Fujitsu will give us more hope after intel release them. But they might be around mid 2015.

If their next T7xx model is 13.3+ inch and have better resolution I might consider it.

It's quite a disappointment though. Since it's not T905 there might be a chance.

8. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The successor to the T734 appears to be the T725. 12.5" HD display (probably 1366x768), 12GB RAM and a 5th generation Intel Core ULV processor.

9. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

What is the quoted battery specs on this?

I wonder if the T725 will be thin and ultrabook like. And I take it's also Wacom EMR pen still?

10. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

T725's primary battery is 72Wh and the modular battery is 28Wh for a nice round 100Wh total, more than double the T904/T935 battery. The T725 is definitely more outdoorsy than the desk-oriented T935. Both still use good old Wacom EMR dual digitizer displays.