Fujitsu LifeBook T4410 Review

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by Kevin O'Brien, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missyscove

missyscove Pen Pal - Newbie

It doesn't come with a screen protector. I'm still hoping that someone will manufacture one that won't interfere with the touch experience.

2. tlewis

tlewis Scribbler - Standard Member

I've had the multi-touch 4410 for about a month. Background: I use tablets for writing and professional illustration. Since 2003, I've had:
    Toshiba m200
    Toshiba m7
    Motion ls800
    Lenovo x61t (with touch)

I love the 4410. My favorite tabpc so far.

Windows7 may have a bit to do with this - the improved TIP makes my former devotion to ritePen irrelevant and the touch features are smooth.

But I frankly think the 4410 build quality is stellar. As opposed to the unit reviewed above, my keyboard has little-to-no flex. The screen swivel is firm and smooth - a relief after the m7 and the bobble-headed lenovo (which I enjoyed otherwise).

Great screen. Clean, classy look. Finally nice to have speaker placement that considers slate mode. Surprised to be enjoying the dvd player. And with the swap-out extra battery, I've never been power-challenged when travelling.

Cool machine.
    T Lewis

3. Tutmos

Tutmos Pen Pal - Newbie

I found this review questionable unless Fujitsu went backwards with tablets. I've been using a T4210 for almost 4 years. It's used for hours everyday in both modes and during summers even rides in a motorcycle tank bag so it gets banged up, severe vibration etc. (motorcycle is a crotch rocket)

I'm typing this on it right now. The extra battery pack is nice and always have it in. This is my second set of batteries. I replaced the first set this last spring since power was down to about 3 hours on both batteries.

After four years the screen hinge is still tight and doesn't wiggle. I came here because I was planning on buying a newer version of the Fujitsu tablet that I'll need for another four years coming up.

4. metalskinz

metalskinz Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for the review, it is very informative. I'll be a first-time tablet buyer, and I have been researching the T4310, T4410, T5010, and T900. There's a lingering question I have that has been keeping me from buying though, and it relates to the screen quality. (I apologize if this question has been asked before in the forum. I have looked and search through the forum and have not found an answer yet.) My main interest in a tablet is for sketching and painting, and therefore a quality display is very important to me. I have been to Frys and was able to try a T4310 first hand. Since it sits amongst other non-tablet laptops, it appears to me that, compared to other regular laptops, the T4310 screen is very "flat"/"matte", and look less sharp (a bit hazy?), has lower constrast, less bright, and the color are just not as vivid. What I want to find out is if this is due to it having a dual digitizer (as opposed to just having the active stylus), or a difference between an indoor vs indoor/outdoor screen, or due to it having some kind of anti-glare layer/coating on it? Or are all tablet screens like this regardless of which of these screen options are included? I gathered that the indoor/outdoor display is brighter and have a better viewing angle than the indoor-only display, and the active digitizer option will have a better screen quality than the dual digitizer option, but that won't help me if the "better" option is just "hazy" and not sharp to a lesser degree. I actually don't mind if the screen is glossy and reflective as I don't intend to be using the tablet under bright or direct lights anyway. I'll really appreciate it if someone can help direct me as to which screen options I should (or should not) look for. Thanks!

5. LROBBINS

LROBBINS Scribbler - Standard Member

My comment refers ONLY to the T5010 with pen-only indoor/outdoor screen. It is probably the clearest, brightest, most sun-tolerant screen I have ever seen on a tablet or laptop; well worth the extra cost, but not compatible with multi-touch. Be careful when shopping: some sources seem to deliberately obfuscate which screen is present on their offering.

Ciao,
    Lenny

6. UnderClock

UnderClock Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't have the answer, but just want to let you know that I'm also interested in the same topic.

I intend to also do photo editing and color correction, so I'm looking for a touchscreen laptop with good color depth (gamut) (and a big hard drive: RAW-files are big). I can calibrate the screen with my Spyder calibrator, but one still needs enough color depth, calibration cannot fix a screen with limited color depth.

Is there in anyone who can shed some light on the screen quality: color depth, viewing angles, glossiness etc of the T4310 and the T4410?

From (separate, not comparitive) reviews, I get the impression that the T4410's are equiped with higher quality screens than the T4310's.
    However, it is difficult without comparitive reviews. Also, the specs on the FujitsuSiemens site don't clarify very much on this subject.

Here in the Netherlands, I have yet to find a brick & mortar store that has these tablets on display. A couple of online stores list them, but none have them in stock.

7. anthony

anthony Pen Pal - Newbie

8. UnderClock

UnderClock Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your advice. I agree, an IPS panel would be nice. However, the manufacturers and shops hardly ever seem to list screen technology in the specs for notebooks.

9. talin

talin Resident cynic

Sorry to bump a slightly old thread. Nice review, I'm seriously considering this model for my next purchase. Just a couple questions if I may? For in-home usage (mostly staying in one place), is the build quality sufficient? And can anyone confirm if the chipset supports SATA I or II hard drives? Thanks in advance!

10. mmccord

mmccord Scribbler - Standard Member

SATA II :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.