Fujitsu LifeBook T2020 Review Discussion

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by kureshii, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiffany Boggs

Tiffany Boggs Editor/Site Admin Senior Member

Fujitsu just recently updated their popular business tablet the T2010 with a new processor and chipset. Welcome the LifeBook T2020, which we got our hands on for review. This tablet has the same design, build, display and most of the features just better in the performance department. Check out our review of this sleek, lightweight LifeBook.

Read the full content of this Article: Fujitsu LifeBook T2020 Review

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thank you for the review. Nice that you said something about the noise, but it's strange that you said that it is still loud, because a few other T2020 users said it was quieter. Is it quieter but still loud or just as loud as the T2010.

I thought the new Intel Chipset would bring better performance results, but the difference to the T2010 is marginal. (Why have you removed the T2010 from the comparison list in the tables)

On the one hand this is a pity, on the other hand I'm happy because that means that I don't miss too much without having the latest tablet :)

So I can wait for the Sandy Bridge (who wants Nehalem :)) which will hopefully bring a real speed and power consumption difference and which will then be built in a perfect slate tablet PC (At least I can dream of it :D )

3. Tiffany Boggs

Tiffany Boggs Editor/Site Admin Senior Member

The unit I have is preproduction so it may be why it's a little louder, but I didn't notice it being that much quieter than the T2010. My T2020 has a little CPU whine, but think its a pre-production thing, same thing with the loose lock on front. Sorry that must have been deleted from the tables, I will add the T2010 back in the benchmark data. Thanks.

4. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

A second question: How is the pen responsiveness near the edges and borders?

5. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sounds great, except for some minor niggling issues. I hope they fix those, especially noise. A pity the standard Fujitsu keyboard is so flexy (though the T5010 seems to have improved keyboard structural support since I didn't notice that much flexing).

With the T42XX series being replaced by the T50XX series (which is a worthy upgrade, but design, feature-wise not my cup of tea) my next tablet could be a T20XX. I'll offload the heavy-duty processing to a desktop :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.