Fujitsu LifeBook T2010 User Review

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by Concentrate, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Pen Pal - Newbie

When you bought it from Fujitisu, their website also list another brand of screen protectors made by 3M. Did you not see it on their website? I think it cost $80 for a pack of 5. I might get that with the T2010 if I do end up getting the laptop.

One reason why I might not upgrade is that I am graduating this year. I still need a laptop for day to day activities, but I'm not entirely convinced the tablet feature will come in handy. I'm not leaving for NYC for another 3.5 weeks so I'll still think about it.

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The problem with the 3M Vikuiti screen protectors is, that they are not clear and very difficult to apply. So they ruin the whole T2010 glossy screen. I don't have to buy an I/O T2010 screen if I apply such a crap matt screen protector later. So if you order a I/O screen then use a clear screen protector, else you just have a normal grainy tablet screen.

3. Concentrate

Concentrate Scribbler - Standard Member

I did see the 3M screen protectors, but the problem is that I don't need 5 of em so 85$ is not worth it. There's also a lot of discussion about the graniness of the 3M ones, as Frank has mentionned.

4. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Pen Pal - Newbie

Did you try wiping your screen before applying the included screen protector? I think that could have dealt with the bubble issue. Does the screen protector cover the whole screen?

5. Concentrate

Concentrate Scribbler - Standard Member

The bubble issues are what are called Newton Rings. It looks like oil on the road where it has this rainbowy effect. Wiping doesn't help. The screen protector covers all the screen, but if you are picky, it doesn't cover a little bit of the bottom, which I wouldn't really call the screen. It's just black plastic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.