Fujitsu Lifebook 1510D

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by P8RSON, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rfIPS

rfIPS Pen Pal - Newbie

My boss has asked me to research tablet pcs and come to him with a small list of recommended tablet pcs to consider buying. I was wondering if those of you out there that own a Lifebook 1510D are happy with it? Has it been a reliable system? Have you had any problems with it? Thx!

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The 1510 is solid, but you have to really want a tiny computer when you go that route. An 8.9" screen takes some getting used to and the keyboard is very small. In terms of build and quality though, it's very good.

3. nossy

nossy Pen Pal - Newbie

For an office tablet, I'd recommend the HP tc1100.

4. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The tc1100 is pretty old and they clearly have a decent budget, if you want recommendations on other units post more details about the need in the hardware forum.

5. master

master Pen Pal - Newbie

The tc1100 only has a cpu speed of 1ghz doesnt it?
    The one I saw does anyway.

Its rather old and considered a budget model these days.

6. nossy

nossy Pen Pal - Newbie

The tc1100 is older than the P1510D, but I don't see much difference between the two actually. The tc1100 can use up to a 1.2 GHz Pentium M 753 processor, which is not that much different than the one found on the P1510D which is the Pentium M 753 ULV processor running at 1.2GHz. Just don't get the tc1000 model with the Transmeta processors. Tc1100 also have a bigger screen 10.4" vs 8.9". Also keep in mind that the tc1100 is a true slate, while the P1510D is a convertible, so it depends if you want a slate or convertible. Another thing is that the P1510D uses resistive touch screen, which has been a big problem with writing when resting your palm on the screen (it will connect a line to where your palm rests). The tc1100 may be a bit more expensive than the P1510D depending on your configurations.

Otherwise, if you want a powerful convertible tablet, I'd recommend the Toshiba M400 and the new HP TC4400s.

7. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well I currently own a Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook P7010 and have been considering a tablet pc for a long time.

Because of the excellent quality of my P7010 I was seriously considering the FS T4010/4020.
    However, with Toshiba's dual processor M400 already out and tested I don't really want to wait un unknown time for the Fujitsu's Dual Processor Tablet to hit the streets, especially where here in the UK the T4020 hasn't even seen the light of day yet.

So, I'm not sure what I would recommend your boss but I do know from my own experiences the Fujitsu models are very good.

8. Doctor Gadget

Doctor Gadget Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the 1510D. Awesome product. It weighs practically nothing. My other tablet PC, a Toshiba, has a larger screen, but carrying it around and using it is impractical. I wish I purchased the Tablet PC version of the 1510D. Other than that, it's great. I was looking to use it to replace my 8.5x5.5 day timer and a PDA. It comes close. Paper has a quicker boot up time, though.

9. markosfrag

markosfrag Pen Pal - Newbie

10. rfIPS

rfIPS Pen Pal - Newbie

thank you for all the great feedback and comments; it definitely helps me with my research. i especially echo the comment regarding the size. i almost overlooked this model because of that but was reassured by a staff member that since it would be used mostly for traveling, that I could include it in my final list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.