Fujitsu has three new Multi-Touch convertibles:T4410,T4310 and a Multitouch T5010

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Frank, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adam.mt

adam.mt Super Moderator Senior Member

Why wouldn't they take >4GB of memory? All the current mainstream Tablets on sale support this!

I highly doubt you're get a Blu-Ray drive installed as standard, Tablets aren't entertainment devices by design. Doesn't mean you couldn't add one later of course though.

2. RazzNuts

RazzNuts Scribbler - Standard Member

Both T5010 chipset (GM45) and BIOS can accommodate max. of 8GB memory.

Source : http://sp.ts.fujitsu.com/dmsp/docs/ds-lifebook-t5010.pdf

The 4GB 'maximum' is actually the limitation per slot, and the largest stock RAM available from Fujitsu (CMIWW).

T5010 default optical drive is DVD, no Blue-ray (where did you get the info T4*10 will be equipped with Blue-ray, anyway?:confused: ) and the IGP it use (Intel 4500MHD) is HD-capable, supporting HW acceleration for HD content.

Maybe you was referring to HDMI port instead of HD? You're right, T5010 doesn't have HDMI port, but it is worth to be noted, the included port-replicator has in-built HDMI output.

As you might have read the news article, Fujitsu going to offer T5010 with touch option, :eek: I don't know the exact time, but when I explored Fujitsu Europe, I can see there was already Wacom Dual Touch driver in T5010 download page! :p

EDIT: Hey new video from endgadget, tnx Alphaswift :D
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/06/...t4310-tablet-makes-quick-work-of-m/#continued

3. mayureshd

mayureshd Pen Pal - Newbie

Based on all the reviews I have read, the T5010 looks like a winner (over the Lenevo 200). Looking to buy either the 4310/4410 for the multi touch and HDMI options available. Is there any definite release date out there,all I can find is last quarter ?

4. thrawn86

thrawn86 Pen Pal - Newbie

watching the video, I see about a dozen things running in the tray. I hope thats not indicative of the future, one of the things I loved about my t2010 was that it came with almost no crap installed. fuji button menu, and thats it.

sigh. and the 2010 continues to be the best looking tablet they make. that 4310 with the huge rounded bezel is just hidious, plus all the gloss.

5. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I don't care what crapware they ship it with. Doing a clean install is always highly recommended unless you don't care about any performance metric whatsoever.

6. Samk

Samk Pen Pal - Newbie

@RazzNuts thnx for the links, T5010 link shows "Supported capacity RAM (max.) 4 GB. Memory notes 8 GB - with future memory modules". When I called Fujitsu from USA, calls go to Phillipines unfortunately, they told me 4GB is the maximum T5010 supports at this time.
    I like the video link for T4310, looks nice. I am guessing that T*410 will have Blue-ray capability. T5010 does not have Blue-ray. I am going to look and see if any T4410 videos/info available. Thnx again.

7. SuperFlyBoy

SuperFlyBoy Scribbler - Standard Member

8. mmccord

mmccord Scribbler - Standard Member

The 4310 is supposed to be consumer oriented while the 4410 is business oriented. Looks like these have 16:10 screens rather than 4:3 as I was expecting though.

9. SuperFlyBoy

SuperFlyBoy Scribbler - Standard Member

I would rather have 4:3 as well, but we can't be choosy nowadays... :mad:

I also hate the fact that the business machine is silver/grey or black, rather than all-black.

Also wondering about ExpressCard versus PCCard slots - my Toshiba M700 & M750 has the PCCard slots, and multi-touch is rumoured to be coming out in the next M750 model.

10. rhalin

rhalin Pen Pal - Newbie

Did anyone see the datasheet PDFs up?

https://sp.ts.fujitsu.com/dmsp/docs/ds-lifebook-t4310.pdf

https://sp.ts.fujitsu.com/dmsp/docs/ds-lifebook-t4410.pdf

Spec sheet does include the note "8GB with future memory modules" for the 4410 and 4310's as well.

4310 doesn't include the dock connector or outdoor display option, and has slower processors available. Other than those few things, these look virtually identical.

They do seem to have expresscard, didn't see a mention of pcmcia/pccard though.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.