Fujitsu freezing?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by TabletX, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TabletX

TabletX Pen Pal - Newbie

Sometimes when I am using internet explorer and click on a link embedded within a web page my computer freezes. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Also, if I close the screen and then open it back up sometimes my screen is completely black. Anyone else have a similar problem?

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

No but what you are saying could easily be faulty memory.

3. TabletX

TabletX Pen Pal - Newbie

I guess it would have helped also if I mentioned it's the new Lifebook the T4210. I've had it for about a month now...

4. L8RICH

L8RICH Pen Pal - Newbie

The black screen issue could be for your power settings. You may have it set so that closing the lid goes into stand-by, closely followed by the monitor turning off to save power. Just a thought...

5. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Agreed. Also be cautious using hibernation with less than 1GB of RAM, that can cause undesirable results.

6. rob1116

rob1116 Scribbler - Standard Member

All good advice... one more to add:

Install FireFox!

:)

7. Jessdog

Jessdog Pen Pal - Newbie

When my screen goes off due to the power settings I don't know how to get it to come back on. I hit keys and everything and it never comes back on. Is there a secret code to get it to come back on. I have to hit the power key to force it into standby mode and then hit the power key again to bring it back out. I have the t4210 btw.

Jess

8. caeci11ius

caeci11ius Moderator Moderator

Barry, what's wrong with hibernating with <1GB of ram? I do it on my P2 300MHz machine with 192MB ram all the time...works fine (Win2K)? Is there a Windows XP issue or something? The ram shouldn't matter at any rate...hibernation writes the contents of the RAM to disk so it can turn the computer off completely (erasing the RAM)...

9. geekocd

geekocd Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the exact same problem! Once the monitor goes off, it won't wake up! I have to hit the power key to force it into standby too, and then hit the power key again to wake it up. Anyone have a solution for this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.