Fujitsu Arrows Tab Q555/K in press release

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by norvillerogers, Oct 10, 2014.

1. norvillerogers

norvillerogers Scribbler - Standard Member

It's time once again for Fujitsu to update its tablet lineup. This year's 10" model is the Q555/K.

http://www.fujitsu.com/global/about/resources/news/press-releases/2014/1009-01.html

The press release is light on information, but it looks similar to the Q584, except now the front and keyboard are dark. Rejoice, all those who bemoaned the color of the Q584 :)

The pen in the picture looks thin, which suggests the digitizer for this model will still be from Wacom. Nothing on resolution--hopefully it won't go down from the Q584's 2560 x 1600. Edit: from this page, it looks like it might be 1920 x 1200 :/ http://www.fmworld.net/biz/tablet/q555k/

The Q555/K has a 10.1" screen, 630g (vs. 640g fro the Q584), and the dock looks redesigned. In both the dock and the keyboard, there appear to be extra tabs on the far sides, which I'm guessing will help stability. Pricing looks similar, at JPY 91,500, and it will be available in late November.

Edit: pictures here, not sure on the difference between QH55/S and the Q555/K: http://rss.bonjin.jp/36914/

Fujitsu is making an 8" windows tablet as well, the Q335/K. I'm not sure what will distinguish it from 8" tablets from other manufacturers. No word on a pen that I see...

For reference, here is last year's announcement:

http://www.fujitsu.com/global/about/resources/news/press-releases/2013/1008-01.html

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I was hoping it would have cherry trail, but the Japanese site lists the z3795.

3. Randall Garrett

Randall Garrett Scribbler - Standard Member

Yea on anti-glare screen!

YouTube videos:

-Randall Garrett-

/end/

4. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

I figured Fujitsu was at it again releasing a new machine with an old chip just before the onset of the new SOC like they did with the Q702 but nooooo..... I just read how Cherry Trail is delayed until 'at least' mid 2015 now. Releasing in mid 2015 means these widgets may not even make it into production machines by 1 year from now. Worse yet, the Cherry Trail replacement called "Braxton", will be launched soon after Cherry Trail launches. Why even do Cherry Trail then?

So, it looks like Bay Trail machines will be coming out for a while yet and dare I even say it, based on the new technologies Intel is planning to deliver to save power with the Cherry Trail, it may be another Clover Trail type launch exercise in missing features/drivers at launch anyway. It sounds like the dynamic refresh rate, enhanced image, and boost based on temperature and power overhead is dependent on a lot of stuff to be in the right line.

What does this mean for me? I will look to replace my busticated Bay Trail device with another Bay Trail device now because Cherry Trail is up in the air. I will wait and see what happens over the next 2 years to see if it really works out according to the road map. Just say'n....

5. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

6. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

I just received an email from Fujitsu today announcing the Stylistic Q555. The active digitizer will be 'optional' so keep that in mind if you are looking at one of these. If you want an active pen make sure you pick the applicable digitizer.

7. Randall Garrett

Dan,

Will you please share any germane links from the email? I did not get the email and I'd like to start following up and educating myself on the availability, etc.

TIA,

-Randall Garrett-
    +Apex Software+

/end/

8. norvillerogers

norvillerogers Scribbler - Standard Member

Here you go:

http://www.shopfujitsu.com/store/stylistic-q555-tablet-pc

Even with the active digitizer, it's a lower starting price than the q584. They've made some other things optional as well.

9. Randall Garrett

Thanks, bud! I didn't know that it was officially available at this time and was remiss in not checking...

-Randall Garrett-
    +Apex Software+

/end/