Fujitsu Announces Stylistic t904, Q704, and q584

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by testplayer, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

SF6 can clarify this, but before we start a riot, he noted that the Fujitsu rep said swapping the SSD would void the warranty. Not that the SSD was inaccessible.

A non-upgradeable SSD would be a non-negotiable deal killer for me. So I hope we can clarify this by someone actually performing the upgrade and reporting back. Like several of you, I have plans to put a 1Tb Evo in this. I'd love to know that was a compatible device/size before going through the hassle of ordering and waiting and then hitting the damn thing with a hammer out of frustration. I'll void the warranty if I have to but I won't compromise on the self-upgradeability of the primary storage drive.

2. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

I didn't say it wasn't possible. It is (according to a reseller here in Germany it has a regular 7mm height 2,5" HDD installed that can technically be removed). But I'm not gonna take the risk on a €2000 machine and risk its warranty. And I wouldn't recommend doing it to anyone else.

(Anyway, same goes for the Thinkpad Yoga. The HDD is not a CRU, although it can be removed. I did it myself).
    This is indeed due to the Ultrabook form factor. Because everyone wants a slim device manufactureres have to compromise on user flexibility because there is no room for a handy drive caddy.

If it turns out that it can handle 2560x1600 over HDMI I will place my order tomorrow.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    Precurve likes this.
  3. fuji

fuji Pen Pal - Newbie

4. forcemac

forcemac Pen Pal - Newbie

The hard drive isse might be solved by getting the user manual. However, i cant seem to locate one on fujitsu's site. I thought i found one, but it was the t902 manual under a t904 link. Now, there appears to be only a quickstart guide for the T904....which is useless. Anyones else able to ferret one out from somewhere?

5. olbob

olbob Pen Pal - Newbie

6. Unlogic

Unlogic Scribbler - Standard Member

There are no pictures in the Japanese manual showing how to open up the T904.

Guess I'm spoiled with the HP manuals... The EliteBook series have very detailed manuals showing how to take them apart.

7. Compudoc

Compudoc Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm seeing some Fujitsu "Authorized Repair Centers" online that look like they'll upgrade drives, presumably without voiding the warranty, for $50 or less. Worst case if we see tape...

8. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

9. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

10. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

On page 174 of the above manual you can see that it handles 3840×2160 at 30Hz or 4096×2160 at 24Hz over HDMI, so it should be able to handle 2560×1600 at >30Hz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.