Fujitsu Announces Stylistic t904, Q704, and q584

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by testplayer, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim Q

Tim Q Pen Pal - Newbie

Depends - as a student with a TPY, it does both of those admirably. It feels tough enough, and 1080p on 12.5 inches seems like the sweet spot for me. Spending big bucks like that for just a slightly bigger screen with higher res just doesn't work in my mind.

The ghosting is there, but so far it hasn't proved to be a big issue to me - I can deal with it, although others might not. I upgraded to onsite anyway, so when a fix does come out, it can be taken care of quickly.

There are others who can definitely make use of the business class features that the T904 provides, so for them it may be well worth it. Ultimately you need to decide whether if there's anything the T904 can provide that the TPY can't - it's your money, after all.

2. ile

ile Scribbler - Standard Member

For me (also student), the T904 is much better than the TPY (at least on paper as there are no reviews yet) , because of the following reasons:

- on 1080p you still can see pixels from a usual viewing distance, on 1440p you can't. For me, that's a huge advantage.

- the 360° mechanism of the TPY is Crap in my opinion. I don't want to put the keyboard on every table at university, I think that's pretty unhygienic. Likewise, the T904 mechanism is more flexible.

- the bigger size of the screen together with the better resolution is an advantage for me, cause it's better suited for reading pdfs with 2 pages on the screen and programming in eclipse and doing multi-window stuff etc

- despite weighing less, it seems to a have a slightly better battery life

3. rvb1

rvb1 Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't think anybody would argue that the T904, on paper, is much better than what the competition, like the TPY or the Sony Vaio Flip, has to offer, The real issue is the price which from what I figure, at least in the US, is nearly twice as expensive to get a comparable configured model. Its the price difference, not the features which makes it a hard decision on what to buy.

4. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

In what way does it help you if you cannot see any pixels?
    To the contrary, at this resolution you will run into problems with scaling. And without scaling everything gets so tiny, that you can't really work with the notebook (except maybe PDFs like you said).

I have a Thinkpad Yoga with 1080 @ 12,5", a T902 with 1600x900 @ 13,3" and I used to have a X201t with 1366x768 @ 12,5" and a T530 with 1080 @ 15,6" and I found 1080 @ 15" very handy and comfortable to use. 1600x900 @ 13,3" was ok, too, but I would rather have 1080p.

At 12,5" however things started to get a little too small for my eyes (and I'm only 26).
    So, I wouldn't really say that 2560x1440 is a "pro" for the T904. It could well be a negative for many people.
    (and the mechanism of the Yoga works great btw. It is also a lot more stable than the swivel mechanism of T902 and so forth. And let's not forget the price difference between Yoga and T904. Really, I can't think of a reason to get the T904 other than maybe the 13,3" vs. 12,5" but that's not worth 600€ to me...).

T904 is after all an ultrabook with a (still) small screen. If you need screen real estate, get a 30" LCD like the one I have. I don't see a reason why I would want such resolution on a 13,3" LCD instead...).

Why not get the Surface 2 Pro + 30" LCD? It's not that much more expensive than a T904 full speced.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  5. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think the real reason people are purchasing these is for the 13.3" portable digitizer screen. Good luck lugging your 30" LCD around. My issue with the yoga is simply that the keys are exposed. I know the board raises on the think pad to somewhat protect them, but I can easily see that mechanism failing at some point. And while 1440 may seem like overkill, I'd rather go big or go home. At some point MS will resolve the resolution issue as well.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  6. YakaDaka

YakaDaka Pen Pal - Newbie

Yea but spending close to 1200 dollars more without the ability change the SSD sounds like not the greatest deal in the world. If Fujitsu were intelligent they would see there is great demand for this basic feature set in a convertible. Thus, they would offer the same exact consumer model for 1300 dollars on their site and everyone would be happy. Unfortunately, they demand that in the USA, these convertibles must only be for business users wearing suits and therefore have to cost an extraordinary amount.

7. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Has that been confirmed? I was under the impression that the SSD would be accessible.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

8. YakaDaka

YakaDaka Pen Pal - Newbie

SF6 did over in the other T904 thread.

9. olbob

olbob Pen Pal - Newbie

Helpful link: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/fujitsu/61430-just-ordered-t904-fujitsu-site-2.html#post379760

I don't think anything about the hard drive accessibility has been confirmed. Just a suggestion from a customer rep that a user modification to the hard drive would void the warranty. That suggests that it may still be possible to physically replace the hard drive after the fact.

The "ultrabook format" mention is nonsense. Most ultrabooks have sealed non user replaceable batteries. The T904 is supposed to have a user replaceable battery which isn't really part of the "ultrabook format." So unless Fujitsu has changed that replaceable battery feature, there's at least one access panel on the bottom of the unit for the battery; which then might offer access to a hard drive bay.

We won't really know until someone gets a hold of a production unit and checks it out. I'm hopeful that the hard drive is user accessible and changeable.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. ile

ile Scribbler - Standard Member

Considering scaling: both screens need it , cause FHD without scaling on 12,5" is also way too small. On the Fujitsu 1440p Display I can use 200% scaling resulting in a 720p font size. Which should cause less Problems than 150% scaling on the Yoga.

I really like the advantage of very High res, especially when reading, it's just so much better to the eyes if Text is crisp and sharp.

And, most important to me: I just hate the idea of putting my keyboard where soneone has put his sugar-coffee some minutes before, that Yoga mechanism is really Crap to me, sorry, Lenovo...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.