Fujitsu Announces Stylistic t904, Q704, and q584

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by testplayer, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Drive, no, but I have seen warranty tape over screw holes and inside of laptop bodies before.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2. tijo

tijo Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The only ones I have seen so far were on heatsink screws.

3. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I've upgraded the HD in several fujitsu convertible tablets for people in my research group (we have had 4 of them). None of them have had warranty tape blocking access to the HD so far, but there is always a first time.

4. Compudoc

Compudoc Pen Pal - Newbie

When I had my hands on the T904 last week, I did notice a half-dozen screws on the bottom with no tape over them. Looked like you remove those to take the bottom off to get to the guts. Hope so, because last night I bought the Samsung EVO SSD 1TB mSATA and a 2.5" Adapter. I figured the mSATA would be more useful in other devices in the future (when I buy the 2TB for the T904 in a couple of years :) ) There were a few adapters out there but it appears that you need 7mm depth for the T904 and several seemed to be 9mm. Hopefully I didn't push my luck too far...

5. forcemac

forcemac Pen Pal - Newbie

It appears neither config has the UMTS/LTE or GPS capabilities? Perhaps another ordering sku yet to be released?

6. ykvishal

ykvishal Scribbler - Standard Member

This model supports UTMS/LTE or GPS as per tech specs
    I think they may release it in near future.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

A model with UMTS/LTE is up on Amazon but not yet available.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Refurbished items on the Fujitsu Outlet Store have at least a 1-month warranty. Check your local laws and regulations, it's usually illegal to refuse a return of faulty product.

SSDs are five to ten times faster than HDDs on most tasks. If you're willing to spend the money, you will get a much snappier user experience. If you don't mind unscrewing a few screws and replacing the internal drive, you could get the least expensive HDD and swap it out for an SSD you bought elsewhere. If you needed a self-encrypted drive you'd know.

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

90 days for my tablet. I don't think the outlet has a trial period. You can only return an item for a defect. My refurbished tablet was in perfect shape when I got it. It lasted a year under very harsh circumstances and will probably be doing duty as our office's field tablet because of its outdoor capabilities.

10. YakaDaka

YakaDaka Pen Pal - Newbie

Still kind of thinking about this or a TPY. If I am going to be primary doing notetaking and sketching, is it a waste to spend 750 more dollars on this over a TPY?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.