Fujitsu Announces Stylistic t904, Q704, and q584

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by testplayer, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YakaDaka

YakaDaka Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there any discount out there for students or just in general or a code to reduce the price?

Also, are these laptops seriously reliable? I am a bit hesitant due to the issues with the q584 and q702. Granted, those are tablets, I just want to make sure for the money that I am getting something without any serious issues. The other option as someone mentioned is the Thinkpad Yoga. It's currently around 1400 dollars so it is significantly cheaper. I am not concerned about the ghosting issues since there are plenty of people whose don't have problems.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  2. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

Where is the SSD preconfiguration? Who still uses hybrid HDD? :(

3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

The T904 is their highest end business laptop/tablet. The Q704/Q584 are not suffering any poor build quality issues from what I've read, but intentional power throttling on the semi-rugged units to keep thermals in a very conservative zone. Fujitsu prioritizes business user experience, where a cooler, quieter unit prevails over a need for maximum sustained turbo. It was a deliberate (albeit short-sighted IMO) move on their part to cover their butts, they have little intention to market these higher end devices to the general public consumer. SOny does a better job of cooling and catering to performance for the average consumer even with their higher end lines, but their overall build quality (even on a Duo 13) would still not compare to these Fujitsu's.
    The T904 should be as solid as anything else at that price range, certainly as reliable (if not more) as a macbook pro. Only tabletPC's I'm aware of that would offer better build quality would be Panasonic toughbook line of tabletPC's, and you wanna talk about expensive....

All that said though, the prices are hard to justify. If your job doesn't pay for it, or get you work that pays it off reasonably fast, or you don't really have a lot of money to burn, this thing might be too overpriced and impractical to buy full-price. If your in the States, give it time and the Fujitsu Ebay outlet will start selling refurbs with full warranties for much cheaper.

Is it worth $4000? Probably not, but you can bet it will be one of the best at least. T902 is plagued by some weird firmware issue, but the build quality is very solid, and it does it's job VERY well. I've put so many hours into this beast in the last 2 years and it still runs and looks like I bought it yesterday. Hell, yesterday I was doing true HD VFX animation in After Effects for broadcast and it chewed it up like it was childsplay, I then brought it to the client and did a revision at their studio, (which blew their minds) and took it to the coffeeshop to paint a complex photoshop file that is over 10,000px wide. All on the same battery charge. For me it was worth the investment, but I don't imagine it will be necessary for most.

4. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anyone know if the HDD is removable?

5. ykvishal

ykvishal Scribbler - Standard Member

If they had solved the T902 firmware issues and added higher resolution display with haswell processor then this wold be the best convertible laptop so far. Also they could have added ULV processor to T734 instead of T904 then this combination would be ideal IMHO.

6. TickTakashi

TickTakashi Pen Pal - Newbie

This. I think the only reason i'm buying the T904 or the Flip 15 is because i'm tired of waiting for a Convertible with a digitizer, GPU, Multiple Ram Slots, Full voltage processor and FHD or higher screen. It's not even an issue of price at that stage. I will readily admit that I am prepared to pay through the nose for such a device... If only you could get custom convertibles eh?

If only someone would slap a digitizer on a Mobile Workstation... Be still my beating heart <3

7. Deanwvu

Deanwvu Pen Pal - Newbie

Ordered mine last night. Went with the preconfigured model.

They do offer a 5% student discount, though you have to call in and order from a rep.

8. ykvishal

What was the final price and when will they dispatch it? What were reasons for you to choose T904 over T902?

9. ykvishal

Ture. However Flip 15A is more configurable than T904 in same price. If Sony can fix many problems like wireless and others then it can be a good option.

10. Deanwvu

Deanwvu Pen Pal - Newbie

I think it was $2050 or so with tax. Shipping was free. They said it should be here within 2 weeks (Maryland, USA).

I chose the T904 over the Yoga, really. Better screen, better battery life, quick-swap batteries. I am military,so I have a use for the smartcard reader as well--nice to have that built in.

I didn't really look at the T902, to be honest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.