Fujitsu Announces Stylistic t904, Q704, and q584

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by testplayer, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Yeah, the keyboard plus the tablet combined are the same size as the q552 tablet on its own... LOL. So, a pretty nice reduction in size there.

Re: IP ratings. I found something similar, but what was confusing was that the rating had multiple numbers for water- it says ipx5/7/8. That's what I have a hard time figuring out. ip5= spray/ water jet resistant (as in= incidental water, like mist or rain), ip7= immersion (usually to 1 meter deep, for some limited amount of time), and ip8= submersion (basically, fully water tight, usable under water). So, all three numbers combined is odd.

For example, the ip5 dust rating= basically closed to dust for normal outdoor use. There's only one higher rating for dust. What makes it understandable is that there's only one rating number to figure out for the device. ;)

2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

There isn't one, but you can derive it by taking the quoted battery capacity in Wh and divide it by the number of hours of quoted battery life. For the Q704 its 46Wh and 10 hours, so it draws about 4.6W for light usage, but unlike heavy usage, a lot of that is from the screen and not the CPU. On the Surface Pro 1, the screen used 2-4W depending on brightness and the total power draw for light usage at low brightness was about 7W (implying 5W for CPU), but this screen is larger so it likely draws more power.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  3. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm also a bit dissapointed by the T904. Why did they so many downgrades compared to the T902? :(
    - only ULV processors
    - only 1 RAM slot
    - no more multibay
    - no more buttons on the display bezel (really ??? look at all the blank space on the bottom of the display...)
    - backlit keyboard still only optional

All the wait for this. This doesn't make it easier to replace my HP tx2.
    Anyone know where to get high-res pics of it because I also can't see a slot to store the pen.

4. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Scribbler - Standard Member

OK, I missed the battery size. It looks like they increased the battery size in the tablet as another upgrade. The Q702 has the bigger battery in the dock.

Regards, Jim

5. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I have to agree that the t904 is quite a disappointment in an otherwise stellar variety of offerings, it makes no sense to me. However, the q704 and q584 look fantastic.

Honestly, for those interested in a powerhouse machine, I still think the t902 or x230t is the best bet. Both have their issues though. T902= touch glitch. X230t= not as awesome of a screen + some potential build issues.

6. Zero

Zero Scribbler - Standard Member

I agree , also it shouldn't be priced at $2000 anymore (like the T902). I'm expecting the T904 to be $1500 or less.

The X230t is the 2nd worst tablet PC I've ever used but I guess the HD4000 integrated GPU and the 3rd gen dual core Core i5/i7 on the X230t must be worth something though.
    The only tablet PC I've used that was worse than the X230t was the HP Touchsmart TX2z.

Now I'm wondering why Fujitsu wants to compete with other companies when they used to have no competition. By making the T904 into an Ultrabook , they will be losing the users that are already considered niche. People who buy thin laptops like the MacBook Air will probably not know who Fujitsu is so they will think that Fujitsu is some tiny copy cat company like Acer.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  7. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Don't forget the T734, which is like the T732, but updated to the 4th gen full voltage cpu.

8. jbomb

jbomb Scribbler - Standard Member

Has anyone figured out if the T904 has a Wacom Digitizer? The image of the pen looks a bit thick like a N-Trig one.

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I thought that an IP rating is a 2 place code. An x in one place indicates only the other level of protection test. The first place is physical intrusion and the second is water intrusion. A x5/7/8 code relates to water protection. The 5x means dust protection. x5/7/8 means Spray, shallow and deep emersion. Waterproof models pass all 3 tests? From the context, I think this is what it means. Compare the smartcard version with the waterproof one.

I love the size of my Q552. Tablet and KB combined in the same thickness will be hard to resist. Perfect slip in the briefcase package. Hopefully, Bay Trail has enough juice. The 12.5" is too big for me. Would be nice if the pen can go in the base. That pen in the literature sure looks like a duosense N-Trig. I would love to be wrong about this.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  10. zendragon

zendragon Scribbler - Standard Member

I am drooling over the Q584. Finally a 16:10 10 inch with a pen. I don't care if it is N-Trig, I hear the newest improvements are better. I just hope the price isn't outrageous for Bay Trail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.