Fujitsu Announces Stylistic t904, Q704, and q584

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by testplayer, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

"March", but it doesn't look like they're gonna make it, there's no listing on the online store yet. However it's already launched in Japan so if you're willing to import it's $1400 for the consumer version and $5000 for the business version.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Deanwvu

Deanwvu Pen Pal - Newbie

Are you saying the T904 can be purchased right now (as an import) from Japan for $1400??

What are the stats on that model?

Would it be a fair assumption that if we can get it as an import for $1400 now, it will be even less for the actual US release??

I have a ThinkPad Yoga on order now (has not shipped yet, actually the shipping has been delayed several weeks)... I cannot decide whether to cancel the order now and wait for the T904 (hoping it isn't too expensive) or to let the Yoga arrive and return it if needed.

If there is only a few hundred $$$ difference from Yoga to T904, I'll take the T904.

3. ykvishal

ykvishal Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't know whether you are aware about problems with Yoga.
    you can have a look at Thinkpad Yoga - ghosting / after-image / watermar... - Lenovo Community

I think T904 uses different kind of screen(IGZO display) as compared to TPY. So you many not such problems with T904.

4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The consumer version on Fujitsu Webmart, dubbed WT1/P, is available for 148,580 yen at 15% off until March 5th, and minus $80 for no phone tech support. That totals at 1371 USD for the base consumer model - i5 4200U, 4GB RAM, 3 year warranty. The consumer model has no smartcard reader, no SIM card slot, no fingerprint reader, and no port replicator slot, and of course the software and keyboard language is Japanese.

The model coming to the US is the business model, which is currently selling for about 500,000 yen in Japan and about 2000 Euro in Europe. Price in the US? Undetermined...

5. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I wish they'd offer the consumer model here. I honestly don't have a huge need for the professional features. I doubt clearing software would be as simple as installing windows again. I also imagine you'd spend a fair amount of time searching for driver updates.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I wonder if Fuji will offer the consumer model in the Chinese market? If so, PCHome ships to the US and the keyboard is similar to the US.

7. Deanwvu

Deanwvu Pen Pal - Newbie

If that is the case, I will keep the Yoga, unless the ghosting problems are absurd on my unit.

I would gladly pay $400-$600 more for the T904, but not $1000 more... it simply is not worth that much more for my use case.

8. YakaDaka

YakaDaka Pen Pal - Newbie

If I imported the consumer model from that site, how easy would it be to swap it out with another keyboard or just the keys themselves?

I just noticed actually that the keyboard does not just have those characters on it thus this would work. The problem is, does that site ship internationally?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  9. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Phew. Just tried to go through their order process and man that thing is complex. You can buy from a convenience store. There's 8 different types of credit, etc. Needless to say they ask for Japanese postal codes, etc. So I doubt you can get it internationally. Which is too bad. If I could get processor and ram without that business crap and have it cost less, I would consider it.

On a side note I just ordered the Cintiq Companion Hybrid. Gonna try it out for 30 days and see how I like the weight and size. I still may end up returning to Fuji though.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

10. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

The Swivel was the predominate form factor among Convertibles until Intel in 2011 started toying with Ultrabook Hybrids (Distancing itself from Tablets and TabletPC). For OEMs the swivel still has the mo****r of the failed TabletPC Form Factor that didn't get mass market appeal. Intel came up with different reference designs (some co-created with OEM Partners): "The Slider", "The Detachable", "The 360 Degree Hinge (aka Lenovo Yoga)", "The Rotating Screen in the Frame (aka Dell Duo)".

Fujitsu at least in the EU and US is predominately known as an Enterprise Player, this is the one segment that the Swivel Form Factor saw limited success even though most of the users used them as standard laptops and not as tablets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.