Fujitsu Announces Stylistic t904, Q704, and q584

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by testplayer, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Scribbler - Standard Member

You can add the T734 to the list, a replacement to the T732. This one is of interest to me. BUT, when I look at the specs, nothing much has changed except for a Haswell processor. The i5-3320M has been upgraded to the i5-4200M. Still 12.5 inch, 1366x768, Still 72 Wh battery, with optional 28 Wh in the bay. Am I missing something? Would the Haswell give much advantage over the Ivy Bridge?

Thanks for any insight, Jim

2. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I am trying to figure out if the t904 has the modular bay still or not. I have to admit, but if it's not got a full M cpu, nor a silo, nor the modular bay, I don't really see what it offers, besides a slightly larger screen than the q704. I agree with stoneseeker that the t902 or x230t (or perhaps the Sony fit 15) would be much better as a work horse tablet pc. I wish the t902 didn't have the stupid touch glitch.

Anyways, of the new crop, the q584 and the q704 seem the most interesting and functional to me, given current info.

Oh, and the q704 also is water proof and dust proof, and passed mil specs. So, yah, it's semi-rugged too.

Oh, and the q584 specfically mentions "super high quality stereo speakers", whereas the other models dont. I wonder if they're any better than the normal business-class subpar tablet pc speakers?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  3. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Ok, that's weird with the t734. It is, indeed, a simple refresh. Other than perhaps battery life improvements, I'm not sure why I'd get it over the t732 or t902. Honestly, I wish the t904 was more like the t734. Atleast then it differentiates itself from other tablets-- yes, it's heavier, but it offers a silo, modular bay, more powerful cpu, etc.

I'm sort of confused by the t904, honestly. I feel like it's caught between two spaces. The q704 offers so much more flexibility and durability, and isn't that much smaller at all, really.

Ok, done for now. Gotta get something done today. 8P

stoneseeker likes this.
  4. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Probably just significantly* increased battery life and a minor performance bump if that's the only difference.

*do M series Haswell support active sleep? If not, erase significantly =P

5. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The advantage would be HD 4600 graphics which is a pretty significant performance bump over the HD4000. In other respects, you are looking at mostly lower power consumption in idle CPU states.

@Steve:

Overall, I think the T734 with its full voltage i7-4600M and modular bay is meant as the 'upgrade' to the T902. You lose screen resolution and maximum memory, though I hope they offer a high-res panel in the future.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Here is a decent explanation of the IP ratings. http://info.bannerengineering.com/xpedio/groups/public/documents/literature/pr_p1_s1_e.pdf.pdf

I've been busy today and haven't had a lot of time to pay attention to this site but I am really pleased with what Fuji is announcing. I really like my Q552 but am tired of its limitations. The Q584 really looks interesting to me. Wacom please. The keyboard base looks really slim as well.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  7. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the replies! I thought the Intel 4600 would be an improvement over the 4000. But I am having a problem understanding the decreased power consumption. The 4200M has 37W TDP and the 3320M is at 35W TDP. Not much difference. What spec is an indication of power consumption at light loads?

Thanks, Jim

8. ForzaqC

ForzaqC Pen Pal - Newbie

The T904 is such a letdown...I put off buying a machine for months to wait for a 902 successor and I got a 702 with a slightly bigger screen and a keyboard. 8 gigs max...is it 2009? I don't really understand why the only true portable workstation with Wacom had to get the ultrabook treatment. Now I have zero options for a mobile primary machine.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

9. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I don't like how they are not clear about the some specs, like it says memory card slot, which to me could mean it's now microSD vs full size SD :-( and I prefer full size so I can just take the memory card out of my camera and then put it the computer to directly view and share.

For some reason the prospect of the Q584 has me really interested, specially if the display, performance, and battery life pan out right, but I kind of now wish it was a 10.6/8" display at 16:10 since I am getting more and more use to the 11.6in display of my Yoga. I also hope those converted prices are with the keyboard and really not an indication of N.A. prices.

Edit: wait is the T734 still full voltage, with a modular optical drive?

10. TruenoGT

TruenoGT Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow, just getting caught up on all this. I was previously eying up the Baytrail version of the Dell Venue Pro 11, but assuming the Q584 is indeed Wacom and they have a good folio case available, it could be the perfect eventual replacement for my TPT2.

Man, they were getting close last fall, but with the exception of having some shortcut buttons on the side (ala Cintiq), for me, a lot of these slates are finally killing it as no-compromise digital sketchpads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.