Fujitsu Announces Stylistic t904, Q704, and q584

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by testplayer, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Does the keyboard have a battery? I'm hoping it does, but I haven't seen anything yet which says that. Also, based on the size of the battery (46Wh), I think 10 hrs is a reasonable expectation for "light use" at low screen brightness. They may well be including some extra battery to get their 10 hr number, but I don't think they would need to from what we are seeing of Haswell battery life in similar devices.

2. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

No, it's the 15 hr quote that concerns me. My Q702 is good for about 4 hours itself and 7 hours with the keyboard dock. The TDP improvements for Haswell may push a similar device to 7 or 8 hours but the 15 has to be an aux battery.

My Clover Trail Elitepad 900 is supposedly good for 8 to 9 hours on the base battery and 16 to 18 with the aux battery. I believe that number as I leave work with around 90% charge left every day I bring it here. So, again, especially with the Haswell CPU, 15 hours has to be with an aux battery.

3. Mesosphere

Ok yea, I agree in that case 15 hours is near impossible on a 46Wh battery (3W power draw isn't enough for CPU+screen), particularly considering the larger sceen. But keep in mind the TDP has nothing to do with the quoted battery life. It has everything to do with balls to the wall battery life, but quoted its for light use where TDP has little if any effect.

4. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

On the pdf datasheet for the q584 on the Fuji website, it says 10 hours run time (edit- and that the battery is 38wh for the tablet). My presumption is that the 15 is with the keyboard dock. I believe I read that it has a battery in it.

What I'm now most curious about (until we find out about the pen type) is the ipx rating. It says ipx5/7/8. That seems odd, as I feel like things usually have only one number. Does anyone (like maybe Bronsky, since he's a boater) about ip ratings for waterproof applications? ...and therefore what this means for the dust and waterproof/ resistant features of this device....???

Seems like the holy grail for me, I gotta say. Just amazing specs. Well worth 1200$ if true.

Sigh... I have to admit, I've not been this excited about a set of tablets in a long time. They all seem wonderful (at the moment). Makes me feel vindicated for waiting.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  5. Steve B

BTW, all of the devices are supporting Win7 and Win8, which is cool. Lots of diversity for various users.

And did anyone see the res on the screen on this little device? Holy cr*p. Thank god Win 8.1 works well with scaling now.

F'in 4g and GPS too...... drool-worthy!

400 nit screen, with a nice contrast ratio- 800:1 is quite good, and useful for outdoor work. Basically, it should be (about) as good as the current t902, just brighter. OR, alternately, as bright as the current q552, but with a better contrast ratio (I believe). In short, a gorgeous screen designed for pretty good outdoor work. I wonder how good the AG coating/ layer is?

edit- it also says it has a "anti-fingerprint surface". sounds useful.

edit- does 10-finger multi-touch mean anything to anyone? re: Wacom versus other vendors? I remember the link to the Italian blog someone posted the other day, and in the blog it was suggested it was Wacom..... Lord I hope so. Of course, that was just a blog.

6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Lots of great specs. Some odd things: the core I options have 350 nits, the bay trail 400 nits. For the tablets I can't find info on video out. Hope that's not a 'cradle only' feature.

The bay trail looks like a great second device, if only it wasn't rumored to be priced as an only device..

7. Mesosphere

I think it may suite my needs as an "only (mobile) device".

8. Steve B

Re: nits- I suppose the idea is that this device is really being marketed as a mobile/ field device more. They even have a pic in the pdf of the q584 with dirt tossed on it. ;)

Re: output options- ethernet, hdmi, and vga are available through either the optional dock or "adapter cable accessory". So, it's possible, but clearly not built into the hardware of such a thin, rugged, and light device.

9. Mesosphere

I get the feeling its not cradle only, since these are accessories that don't come with the unit, yet, from the Q584 spec sheet pdf:

TFT resolution (DisplayPort)
    TFT resolution (HDMI) up to 1920 x 1200 pixel via cradle or optional cable accessory

To me this says it has a DisplayPort and HDMI needs an adapter or cradle.

The Q704 says,

TFT resolution (HDMI) 1920 x 1080 pixel
    TFT resolution (VGA) 1920 x 1080 pixel

I think since it doesn't mention the cradle/adapter this means it has a VGA and an HDMI port. Odd though that it doesn't seem to have a display port.

10. Steve B

BTW, re: drop tests-
    the q572 (the real predecessor for the q584, I would assume, rather than the q552) did have mil specs too (just like the q552). Both passed a 2.5' drop test on plywood- which means they functioned when turned back on, though some showed some hardware damage. My hope is that the mil spec sheets on these devices will (in time) give us more detailed info, but these older sheets for older models gives some hope.

My concern on this point though is that the devices are clearly thinner. The q552 is .64" thick, the q572 is .54" thick, and this newer q584 is .4" thick. It would be pretty impressive to me (though, I suppose, not impossible, in my mind) for a device as thin as the iPad to pass mil specs and have a 2'-2.5' drop test rating.....

edit-
    BTW, looks like the q704 has two types of screen????- one is AG (and perhaps pen only?), and one specifically mentions a dual digitizer. I can't tell.... Tech specs say one thing, pdf another.

Comparatively, the q584 has only one type of screen (dual digitizer), but doesn't mention an anti-glare screen in the same way the q704 does. Instead, it mentions "toughened glass and anit-fingerprint surface"

It also sounds like the q704 has two types of keyboards you can buy with it-- probably one with a battery and one without?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.