Fujitsu Announces Stylistic t904, Q704, and q584

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by testplayer, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Wow! The 16:10 10" Q584 tablet looks incredible. 15 hours of battery life and keyboard dock. So does the Q704. I wonder how long it will take for the Outlet to release the first refurbished unit of each.:thumbsup: Since it's Fuji, it will probably have a very bright matt display for outdoor viewing. Wacom ... Wacom .... Wacom. Please?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  2. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Why is it that the Q584 datasheet says 64GB eMMC and 128GB eMMC at the top, and then later on says 64GB mSATA and 128GB mSATA about the same machine?

I know elsewhere dstrauss was excited about it potentially having a real SSD, but unless I'm missing something elsewhere I would have to take that listing with a grain of salt (especially since BayTrail-T / the Z3770 isn't supposed to support SATA at all). I'd love to be wrong though.

3. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Yea, I was supprised to see mSATA due to what I had heard you and jnjroach discussing. That plus the fact that the data sheet has eMMC in it makes me think the mSATA part is a typo... Hmmmm.... Even with that though it looks very enticing.

Edit: Regarding the sata support, I assume that means it has a eMMC controller on the SoC, but is there any reason they can't add an external SATA controller to the motherboard?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

The world as we know it has ended. Anemic low TDP CPU's with limited time turbo power (AND S___TTY single slot slow RAM) have taken over our most beloved power-user tabletPC's. Goodbye cruel world. You have robbed us of all that is functional and awesome.

CURSES...:mad:

-glad I got the last of the power-user TPC's in the world. The T902 will go down as history's last near-perfect device for artists needing full power on the road. I might as well start scouting my next desktop parts now since I have no hope at decent computing power in a TPC.

5. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Naw, watch the "negative waves...just think the bridge will be there and it will be..."

Look at the benchmarks. Those 'low power' CPU's are keeping lock step with the best of the best of just 2 years ago but the battery life is extending marvelously.

Bronsky likes this.
  6. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Well, it's possible, though I would think those SATA controllers connect via PCI Express lanes, of which BayTrail-T also doesn't have any. Not sure though.

7. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Going backwards seems like the trend these days. Less ram than the T902, and that CPU may come close to the i7-3520M for a brief benchmark, but it wouldn't hold a candle to lasting performance during demanding tasks like animating all day. Few ULV devices can maintain turbo for that long. The TDP is just way too low to share across the i-GPU. 15 watts is less than half the breathing room you would have with the 35 watts on the T902. PLus the BASE frequency (arguably more important in some ways) in the T902 is 2.9ghz, vs. the measly 2.1ghz of the i7 4600.
    For animation this device would be barely sufficient, and most likely would introduce lag on large files. Not to mention I can run out of 16 gigs Ram in After Effects as it is... T904 is a total fail for the small niche market I represent, but I'm sure the business users in Japan an Germany will be thrilled at it's thinner build and longer battery life.
    Oh well. No longer a Fujitsu fan boy. I'll get over it.

8. Zero

Zero Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm still wondering why Fujitsu skipped a number since they went from the T902 to T904. I wonder if there is a T903 hiding somewhere.

9. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Yes, watch out for that battery quote though. If the 'keyboard dock' is anything like the Q702 that number is with an extra battery in the keyboard. I use my devices in slate mode so that number is meaningless.

Knowing past performance on my Q702 purchased refurbished off eBay, about 6 months after release...

10. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

mSATA is a mistake on the Tech Specs or the Baytrail T SoC is a mistake as Baytrail T SoC = eMMC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.