Fujitsu Announces Stylistic t904, Q704, and q584

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by testplayer, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Oh, and you have a typo. Its the Q584, not the q554 (nor q552).

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  2. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

In defense of the new low voltage processors, the new i7 4600u has almost the exact same pasmark score as the current i7 that the old t902 has. It's a vey powerful CPU. It's really the single RAM slot that will bug those power users the most, IMO. but it's all good with me. All of these machines seem fantastic. The rugged build and very bright, AG screens mean a lot for mobile use.

Nothing for he weight of the t904 yet. They say it varies with accessories.

I still the major issues to find out about are type of pen input, typing experience on the new keyboards, and heat. Still, given the info we've got, and Fuji's track record, these are now my first choice. Nothing else meets the varied needs I'm looking for. These seem awesome.

3. Mesosphere

Heat is a big concern for me. I really like the way the SP handles the fan vent, and I also might prefer the keyboard covers to the laptop docks (mind isn't made up), but either the Q584 (most likely), or the Q704 (less likely) look like worthy competitors to the SP2 in my use case. The fact they both have LTE is a big advantage. They look like they are more comfortable to hold than the sharp edged SP. The Q704 looks like it wont support connected standby (x64 and TPM 1.2) like the SP2, but the Q584 looks like it will.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  4. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

The Q584 has a 10.1" 16:10 screen! WOW.... Starts at $1200 though. I cannot wait to see more details though...

5. Mesosphere

6. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

WOA, $1200 for Bay Trail... I mean I know this is the creme dela creme, but that seems ridiculously high. Maybe I will buy one used/refurbed 2/3 years from now, haha. I would have loved if they offered an 8" model though.

7. Mesosphere

Where are you getting that price from?

8. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

9. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Typo fixed on thread title. I figure we'll make separate threads when the devices are actually released. Right now is speculation, comparison and drool time.

Wacom for these would be amazing. That's all I gotta say. If take an average but functional typing experience if I got Wacom instead. ;)

As for heat- I figure Haswell is supposed to be more efficient, right? Hopefully, it'll produce less heat too. ??

I hope the Atom isn't 1200$. That's rather rich. But being rugged could make the difference. There's a clear professional market for that. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

10. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

I got that from here:

Fujitsu Rolls Out New Tablets and Ultrabook from Arrows Tab Line

It looks like it is from the same press release but the other sites noted do not have pricing noted.

Quote:
    "Both models are available with the same range of accessories which includes a keyboard, cradle, handle strap, shoulder strap and keyboard docking station and are aimed at enterprise consumers.

The duo will become available starting late October, with the first model price set at $1672 / €1231 (my add, they are referencing the Q704 here) and the second at $1207 / €889 (referencing the Q584 here)."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.