Fujitsu Announces Stylistic Q584 (Bay Trail)

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Tourniquet, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tijo

tijo Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Ok, now I can answer this, colors seem to be warmer than a lot of LCD displays I have seen in recent years. They remind a bit of the CCFL backlit LCDs before LED became the norm.

Out of curiosity, has anyone gotten a yellowed unit recently, pretty sure it's a thing of the past, but I'm interested in knowing so I can add it to the owner's thread.

2. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Generally warmer, yes. It reminds me of one of the early, better Dell monitors I had.

WP_20140315_12_26_52_Pro.jpg

Definitely not a blue-white color like my TPT2 or Surface Pro 2, but I don't notice unless I put them next to each other. Or if I compare to the white bezel. I suppose it can be tweaked via color profile if it bothers someone.

3. tijo

tijo Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes, it can be tweaked, I pushed mine a little towards the blue (at the loss of a little bit of contrast) because I'm just too used to colder displays. I do agree it reminds me of the old CCFL backlight days.

I have so many devices now, that I'm really thinking to invest in a color calibrator.

I have 2 laptops, two tablets, a desktop and a monitor for my M6700 at the Office, most of those are colder displays with my IPS LG being a bit on the "red" side. (I also have two notebooks that are currently loaned to friends).

4. dellaster

It's a Fujitsu, it's Spring, or close enough, so it has to be Sakura blossom viewing, ne?

There's no way it will live up to anyone's ideal perfect device. It's just a tablet. A darn good one, at least mine is, yet in the end it's just another electronic device that will seem outdated in six months when the shiny new awesomes with Cherry Trail start getting announced. ;)

My usage is very different from what you describe so I can't comment further. Good luck with whatever you go for.

5. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Well, that usage profile sounds a bit dreamy to me. My Q702 is a hybrid and it doesn't do either duty well. I do not understand the desire to use a keyboard with a TabletPC. Laptops are cheaper and have more stuff available to them. This is all just my opinion of course, but to me the desire should be as small and light as possible. This is also why I do not understand penless TabletPC's because a small TabletPC and pen is nearly perfect. Add those without a pen that have a keyboard dock and I say for 1/2 the price you can have a laptop with more power and larger SSD.

Now before you say 'but I can type much faster and nobody can use a pen for a lot of text' I will tell you that I have a book in Word 80% done, two more outlined in OneNote, daily use at work, and handwrite all my postings including this one. Keyboards add bulk and weight and discourage use.

But I seem to be a rare breed around here but I challenge everyone to put the keyboard dock in the file cabinet and start using a pen instead. With a little practice you will find yourself using the TabletPC in places where the keyboard is impractical and to me that is why a TabletPC is better than a laptop.

6. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Okay, yes, this needs some clarification.

My Q702 has a connection issue between the keyboard dock and the TabletPC. If one picks the assembly up by a corner of the keyboard, like I do with my work laptop all the time, the computer shuts off and I lose all my work since the last save. As a laptop it is a compromise because it is only 11.6" and 16:9 to boot. On your lap it is a bit far away, but on a desk you can lean in and see things closer. The track pad is over-sensitive and I need to turn it off when typing otherwise the curser moves around at random. For this sort of use I should have bought a 15" laptop and saved money.

As a TabletPC it is too big! It is still usable, however. The i5 gets hot and if you use this out in the sun it gets too hot and you end up with random touch-selections all over the screen; I have to turn touch off. It was made 16:9 so the keyboard would be wide enough so the TabletPC does not work well in portrait mode (tall and thin). Battery life in TabletPC mode is about 5 hours which is okay but I still need to carry my AC adapter to work. My 20-hour Elitepad has spoiled me forever.

And all that for $1700 list (I did not pay anywhere near that and if I did I would hate it).

For me there will be no more convertibles or hybrids just good TabletPC's. The Q584 should fit the bill as long as the launch bugs get rooted out, but personally I do not want a white unit so I will skip for now. My systems may not work as well as I would like at the moment but at least I know what to expect when I pick it up. So unless something wows me to the point of my feeling I 'gotta have it' I am all set. Also, as a rule for me, no more keyboard docks. I don't use them so they are a waste of money for me.

7. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

I can't stomach the EU prices at the moment and I'm not too keen on importing one.

Anyway, here's some coverage of the WQ1/M featuring a rather (in)famous pool to brighten up this thread. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. 1k4

1k4 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just started having the same problem. Did it occur again for subsequently?

9. SJA

SJA Pen Pal - Newbie

10. dellaster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.