Fujitsu Announces Stylistic Q584 (Bay Trail)

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Tourniquet, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

What's with this incredibly fast free shipping from Fujitsu? They're making other companies look bad.
    wp_ss_20140314_0001.jpg

It still needs to go 70 miles to a small town out towards Death Valley, but sheesh, it may get there before me.

Mesosphere likes this.
  2. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

Is anyone who's using one using a screen protector?

3. tijo

tijo Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

This was mentioned in one of the two fuji threads, but yes, someone is using a protector for a 16:10 tablet and its working. Fuji has no ETA on their own matte protector, but it is in the works, of that I do have confirmation.

Also, while I do not like being the bearer of potentially bad news, it is possible that the sound issue is actual interference on the analog signal from the hardware to the headphone jack and there there will never be a way to fix it.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  4. norvillerogers

norvillerogers Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah they're very fast. The appearance of gaining a day by crossing the pacific certainly helps too...

5. norvillerogers

Huh, that works. Is there any way to get the second side button to work using a method like this? I'd like it to act as middle click.

6. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

How you guys liking the viewing angles and colors on the display? What about battery life?

7. norvillerogers

Colors are fine, provided you don't get one of the early, yellowed units. The viewing angles are not as good as what you're probably used to, but it has been sufficient for me.

Battery life is great in my experience--way more than I need day-to-day, although apparently it can start to last short of a day if you use bluetooth heavily.

8. internalaudit

internalaudit Pen Pal - Newbie

9. tijo

tijo Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I got mine directly from Fuji, CTO.

I started an owner's thread by the way: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/fujitsu/61600-stylistic-q584-owner-s-thread.html. I will update the first post by the way, so you can check from time to time for updates. The post doubled in size since I posted it today.

Also, to answer some questions which I will add to the owner's thread during my next update:
    Does it tilt, not when I checked, it looks like it wouldn't lie flat, but it does.

The only problem I have is the static headphone noise from time to time.

Screw the go pad, folio case and one hand holding is my way. I'm not saying it's the be all end all, just what I prefer.

It fits in my backpack, but my backpack is an everki beacon, I can fit the laptop and an xbox 360 plus a few games the power bricks and the controllers in it, so you get the idea...

I use the folio case to protect it, see pictures in the owner's thread

Haven't spilled anything on it yet, nor do I plan to, but I likely will at some point.

internalaudit likes this.
  10. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It arrived before me, delivered about an hour ago. But I'm still 134 miles away. :p

Will pick it up in the morning and post my impressions in the new thread for owners once I check it out.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

tijo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.