Fujitsu Announces Stylistic Q584 (Bay Trail)

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Tourniquet, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLPhill

FLPhill Pen Pal - Newbie

This isn't a nanny cam and is more public. The more public it is then the less right to privacy or expectation of privacy you get. There is an argument that it is intellectual property but if you paid for this (tuition) than technically you bought the rights at least for your own use. It depends on the policy of the school and the terms of the use of that intellectual property from lectures school wide. Like when you buy a ticket to a movie but recording is strictly prohibited. (bad example because movie industry lobbied for there own laws)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

2. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Fujitsu's email notification provided no FedEx tracking number, it only gave a link to the tracking on their own website I've already been watching:
    wp_ss_20140313_0001.jpg

No locations listed so far. This makes it hard to estimate how fast I should travel the 450 miles to my receiving address in Nevada. I guess I'll assume it started in Japan and will take the usual ~5 business days, delivery Wednesday. Give or take. Unless someone else has a better guess?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  3. tijo

tijo Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Call them, they'll provide you with a tracking number.

The info probably means that it is on it's way to your local fedex delivery center.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  4. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks. I'll see if I can get a call in tomorrow since I just tried and they're closed for today. This may be problematic since I don't think I'll have ATT service where I'm traveling to in the morning, and Verizon data may not be good enough for Skype. We'll see.

5. Techgeek32

Techgeek32 Scribbler - Standard Member

Just received my 4th tablet today. Still has the audio problems when using corded headphones. I have had this on all four. it must be a driver issue. Will have to decide whether to keep and hope for a fix or give up. Good luck.

6. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

How is the battery life coming out for those of you who have had the device for a few weeks now?

7. 1k4

1k4 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just picked mine up today at B&H. So far, a lot faster than my Sammy ATIV 3 that couldn't even run Chrome or Firefox w/o lagging like crazy. Will see how the battery and headphone jack does in the coming days. One issue I am having is in OneNote. I'm a heavy user of the inking capability, but noticed that unlike the T902 or the Sammy ATIV Tab 3, in OneNote, holding the button (Using the stylus from a T902 on all three devices) doesn't trigger the "Automatically switch between inking, selecting, etc.), doesn't switch to lasso selection. It is triggering as I'm getting the right-click menu, but for whatever reason, it's not going into 'lasso select' mode. Is anyone else having the same issue in OneNote or would you mind verifying if you have the device and software? Thanks in advance.

8. Tim Q

Tim Q Pen Pal - Newbie

Just so I understand correctly - you want the ability to lasso select handwritten text by circling it while holding one of the pen buttons down?

If so, Control Panel -> Pen Tablet Properties -> Try setting one of the buttons to "Tablet PC Defined"

I was a bit puzzled by this on my TP Yoga for a while too, but doing the above brought that ability back.

9. FLPhill

FLPhill Pen Pal - Newbie

Go back a few pages we fixed this one. The drivers for the fujitsu pen input are not so good. Works great though without it and eraser works too along with lasso. It ends up using Windows found/downloaded drivers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

10. 1k4

1k4 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks! It worked perfectly.

On the audio issue, when using in-ear-phones, I have noticed a very low level of intermittent static or something that sounds like interference when nothing is playing (volume was set to 44, and lowered to 18 to see if it would help - it didn't). If I play music or audio, it's not perceivable. Doing things like making selections (dragging to grab mulitple icons on the desktop) caused the noise to spike up a bit, corresponding to your input. One interesting note, however, is that the static stops after about 30 seconds of doing nothing with the tablet and from that point, making selections and such don't make any noise. It's only when you try to re-access the audio - e.g., turn on Pandora or change the volume. The static starts again. I'm not sure what the source of the issue is.

Now let's see how the battery goes (@ 50% brightness - which is not very bright. The screen overall is much dimmer than the Sammy ATIV Tab 3, but I'd say the same of the T902. I would guess that Fujitsu devices, in general, don't have very bright/dynamic/punchy screens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.