Fujitsu Announces Stylistic Q584 (Bay Trail)

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Tourniquet, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

While it's certainly not fantastic that this problem exists; at least Fujitsu are seemingly doing something about it.

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

When they show up in the outlet factory refurbished.:D

balistic and dceggert like this.
  3. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have some separation at the top as well (possibly it has gotten more noticeable with time). I'm in no position (traveling) to send in for repair, and waterproofing is not a concern to me, so I'll ignore it for now. Functionally the tablet is great so it amounts to just a cosmetic flaw, for me.

Maybe I'll send it in when I do have a chance (like I thought with the TPT2's flaws, but never did). Or I'll happily use it for years until it replaces the TPT2 as backup, and eventually gets retired. :)

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

4. manuelcalavera

manuelcalavera Scribbler - Standard Member

Fujitsu Canada has it for $993. WTH ?

5. Techgeek32

Techgeek32 Scribbler - Standard Member

I am now on my 8th Q584. The last two customized versions came straight from Japan and the top edge was not sealed so I just put my fingernail underneath the seam and the entire case just opened up. I am getting my 8th one tomorrow morning and if it has the same problem then I am officially done with this tablet. I think I have spent enough time trying to get a good one and am utterly shocked with the poor build quality that Fujitsu is letting these off the assembly line with. I really love the idea of this tablet if the build was 100% finished.

I wish everyone the best of luck as I will either have one more last post in this forum or continue to contribute if I get a good one. Getting pretty close to a Thinkpad 10 release though, so I won't feel too bad using my SP2 until that is released. Hopefully Lenovo doesn't pull another bonehead move by not including a Wacom digitizer like they did with the Thinkpad 8.

6. way2lazy

way2lazy Pen Pal - Newbie

Not sure how to quote here, but:

"I am now on my 8th Q584. The last two customized versions came straight from Japan and the top edge was not sealed so I just put my fingernail underneath the seam and the entire case just opened up."

Are you sure that's not as designed? The waterproofing might not be the case, but the components themselves. It's likely that the case is just easily removable by design; this is the case for many electronics.

7. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Some will have an optional digitizer but the lower cost models will not have one so be careful which you order. By the way, that was the same strategy they (Lenovo) used on the Thinkpad Tablet 2.

8. SJA

SJA Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited: May 12, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.