[FS] Yogabook C930 - $500

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by violajack, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I wouldn't really care about editing the writing once it's in OneNote, as long as I could re-edit it on the e-ink side if need be. So there's really no way to use a template on the e-ink screen? I just have 3-5 pages per patient, doesn't need to scroll, but it would just have a custom background (template).

2. violajack

violajack Scribbler - Standard Member

Actually, there's a PDF editor that can ink on the eInk side. That may work for filling out a template. Let me test it and I'll post some pics of how that works.

3. Mr. Boosh

I'd just make a big ~120 page PDF with a repeating 3-4 page template. As long as I could fill that out and it'd update, that might work. Having it sync to my desktop sure would've been nice, but not the end of the world.

4. violajack

I opened the pdf in the eink reader. It automatically saves the ink into the pdf, and it saves it as ink. I then opened it in edge and was able to use the eraser tool to erase what I had written in the eink reader. I have to say, I didn't realize it did that, and I'm kind of impressed.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

5. violajack

I should add, this was just one page, but I've used the reader to read 300+ page pdf ebooks and it seems to perform fine. I've not tried to deal with that much ink, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. You could then use the regular file management system to organize the pdfs.

6. Mr. Boosh

That looks promising. Can you flip to portrait? And how is the feel with that matte protector?

7. violajack

Portrait...you can see where I tried erasing some on edge. Ink went in on the eInk screen, erased on the regular screen. There are also options for writing in red or blue ink, which would obviously only show on the regular screen.[​IMG]

8. violajack

To finally answer your other question, the matte screen protector makes it feel very much like writing on paper, good resistance, no glare under lights.[​IMG]

9. Mr. Boosh

Awesome, thanks for taking these pictures. Not sure if I'm fixating on making this device work or if it might actually make my workflow better (to be honest). Let me think about it. Would you be interested in the Onyx Boox Nova Pro as a partial trade?

10. violajack

Take all the time you need to think about it. I would definitely be interested in the Nova Pro as a partial trade as I've got a Nova2 sitting on my Amazon wish list right now. If you'd like to give it a try, I'm also open to a return window, minus shipping, since I "know" you from the forums and have watched your journey through machines too. I totally hear you on the desire to make a device work. I've always gravitated towards the solutions in search of a problem devices myself. It's been fun to pull this little guy out a play with it more, kinda makes me want to keep it, but I really don't need full blown Windows in this size.